Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Yerindor

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilus View Post
    Thanks for the reply! The process looks familiar, I'm working with wilbur at the moment. I don't know how to get Wilbur into fractal terrains 3 though. Any tips?
    No problem Vigilus! I was inspired by a few cartographers from here that use a similar process. All tedious hard work by hand for the elevation relief.
    For porting to Wilbur, there are a couple of steps. First, save as a Muse DTED Surface (*.dte) file. Open FT3, File, New. Generate a Binary File, choose your .dte elevation file, then you are going to change the - map edges (degrees) at the bottom left hand corner of Binary Data. Top:90 Right:180 Bottom:-90 Left:-180 ... then click OK. There you have it, I've realized Wilbur is more precise, and have stayed working in it. I periodically port to FT3 to create a Google Earth globe and map I can see mistakes, or reference to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

I changed up the tectonic plates, and the continental shapes. The plate boundary coloring is roughly done to show the boundary type. Added some WIP elevation relief details that I am doing by hand in photoshop. The last photo is what the world used to look like before the changes.
    Let me know what you think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12