Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tilvarel Valley - Drawing exercise turning into map

This just keeps getting better.
    Do you envision doing a color version once complete?
    Not that it's needed, as this is already so cool. Just asking.

That's the most beautiful map I've ever seen... Amazing work!

This is absolutely stunning! Incredible work... I'd say you may be on your way for a third CC .

Incredible work Blaidd, very inspiring. I'm in awe of your style. What type of pencil and paper do you use? (Size and sort)

Eager for your next update!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

That's one of those maps that draw me right in and start spinning stories in my mind! Fantastic.

I'd also be interested in what kind of paper and pencils you use. Since I started out drawing digitally I'm growing more and more dissatisfied with it and am starting to draw on paper. Couldn't find a way to replicate that natural and intuitive behavior of a real life pen... unless I'm just too dumb to get the right setup in photoshop!

Anyways, looking forward to seeing how you go from here.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Do you envision doing a color version once complete?
    I'll definitely give it a try, but I'll probably go for B/W as the finished piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    What type of pencil and paper do you use? (Size and sort)
    Quote Originally Posted by Llannagh View Post
    I'd also be interested in what kind of paper and pencils you use. Since I started out drawing digitally I'm growing more and more dissatisfied with it and am starting to draw on paper. Couldn't find a way to replicate that natural and intuitive behavior of a real life pen... unless I'm just too dumb to get the right setup in photoshop!
    I just use a regular HB school pencil. It's just for rough sketching. I ink with my trusty Micron pens (sizes 005, 1 and 2). Paper is 160 gr/m2 drawing paper, neither too smooth nor too rough.
    I can't draw well digitally either. I can't get used to drawing on a tablet but seeing the lines on a screen. I normally only use my PC for colouring and fixing mistakes.

Latest update:
    It's kind of funny how the style changes as I progress. Not ideal, but at the same time kind of the point when I started out. Now getting ready for a port city on the peninsula. I'll also try to fix the perspective on the forest in the middle. Other than that, I'm starting to get bored. The drawing is starting to get very repetitive and I'm not sure what to do at the top of the page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160103_144534_HDR.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	78693

Mind if I use this style on drawing some of my own cities in my map? Because I love this! It looks amazing! Maybe the mountains are a bit too sharp for my taste, but it suits the overall tone with the pine trees and such. Keep on the good work!

Keeps getting better. I look forward to seeing how you do the coast city.

Fantastic work! Please don't stop now.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This is just fan-tastic! What a map! My sincerest congratulations on this work, can't wait to see it develop.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast