Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jiito Island, a map for a novel

I think it's agreed by all that the mountains and the clouds are a particular highlight of this piece. Very nice work all around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon View Post
    Looks really good, keep em coming
    Thanks Dungeon, I will

Quote Originally Posted by Sthenastia View Post
    It's a very nice map, I like that simple style. The only thing I would change is font. It is poorlu readable in some words. Meaby Trajan Pro or that will be better?
    Thanks Sthenastia The choice of the font is always a tough one, especially when you have to balance legibility and style. Here I wanted to convey what I got from the culture from the names of the cities and countries and proposed this font to the client that instantly loved it so I went ahead. Trajan is nice but a bit too classic for my taste and Unzialish is one of my go to font but it didn't work with this map for me. Would you be so kind as to tell me where you find the text hard to read ? Anyways, thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I love those mountains, and the central volcano is particularly impressive!
    Merci Julien You like the volcano ? I do too and have some more to show in that style, keep your eyes peeled My only regret is not adding lava (gotta study Beees lighting techniques and steal what I can for the ones in color).

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I think it's agreed by all that the mountains and the clouds are a particular highlight of this piece. Very nice work all around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Tad

Now I can read all But at first I've had a problem with Chyrac, Schakur, Greeche. H and N in this font are very similar. Anyway it is very stylish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12