View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Guild Expert

Will the sections be handed out randomly by J.Edward after he's done adding the main roads, or will there be a war over territory before this whole thing even starts?

I'm also in on the opinion that things are starting to get too controlled. I think each participant should have full control of what happens in there section, and what type of races live there, and what level of technology they might want to include, and also the style, and era.

I personally think it would be neat to see everyone's take on how they'd like the city to be.

And if someone else is gonna come in and do shadows then I'm out, I think we just have to be ok with the fact that all the shadows may not match up perfectly, and that some sections will be in some type of a time warp, or be at a different level of technology, and I don't feel there even needs to be an explanation for any of these things going on in the city.

I don't think there should be a pre set population, or time period, or someone dictating which races are allowed in the Guild City.

Sorry if I repeat anything that's already been resolved, I just don't have time to read through this entire thread.

I just hope we can get started soon because this planning thread is dominating the what's new section of the forum, and it's become a bit of a pain to browse that section, and see what else people are doing on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Will the sections be handed out randomly by J.Edward after he's done adding the main roads, or will there be a war over territory before this whole thing even starts?

I'm also in on the opinion that things are starting to get too controlled. I think each participant should have full control of what happens in there section, and what type of races live there, and what level of technology they might want to include, and also the style, and era.

I personally think it would be neat to see everyone's take on how they'd like the city to be.

And if someone else is gonna come in and do shadows then I'm out, I think we just have to be ok with the fact that all the shadows may not match up perfectly, and that some sections will be in some type of a time warp, or be at a different level of technology, and I don't feel there even needs to be an explanation for any of these things going on in the city.

I don't think there should be a pre set population, or time period, or someone dictating which races are allowed in the Guild City.

Sorry if I repeat anything that's already been resolved, I just don't have time to read through this entire thread.

I just hope we can get started soon because this planning thread is dominating the what's new section of the forum, and it's become a bit of a pain to browse that section, and see what else people are doing on the forum.
    Distribution of sectors has yet to be discussed. Personally I'm in favour of a gentlemanly discussion about who would like to be given what, since there are in my mind already certain people who would be ideal for certain parts. In preparation for this I am dreaming about all the parts, so that I am ready for whatever I get allotted and don't end up feeling disappointed that I didn't get 'such and such' a plot

The shadows are yours to play with Kacey. Have no fear.

Monopolisation of the Activity Stream is a little unfortunate, but it will resolve itself quite quickly once we are all too busy mapping our respective districts to chat very much.

In a thread this long repetition is inevitable, so don't feel bad about it

EDIT: besides, if the allocation ends up distressing anyone in particular, there are quite a few others to choose from, and no one ever said that we couldn't swap - as long as it doesn't set up any bad feeling!
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-07-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Monopolisation of the Activity Stream is a little unfortunate, but it will resolve itself quite quickly once we are all too busy mapping our respective districts to chat very much.
    From my experience with the Community Worldbuilding Project, the Activity Stream will explode, once everyone is starting their WIP threads But for sure it'll be more about actual maps
    @Kacey: I like to use the activity stream too, but when ~30-50 cartographers are starting to map this city like crazy it might be a good advice to search for new posts beside this event in the respective subforums directly ;D

Btw: I NEED DISTRICT #27!!!! XD

Edit: A huge thanks already to everyone on and behind the scenes for making a thrilling new community project possible!
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 01-07-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Okay - I just started a thread for people to tell me their preferred section.
    Go Here and let me know.

If there are caves in those hills around 32 area, then combined with its proximity to the lake it would be an ideal location for a brewery, the caves providing an ideal temperature for secondary fermentation of lagers.

LOL! I think they're all really busy over at the allocation thread right now to have noticed your comment just yet, but the mapper who gets that area might just end up being the richest of the city merchants

I do believe orcs like lager so there'll be quite a lot of exporting going on there.

In which direction are the rivers flowing? Effluent has to go somewhere and I probably wouldn't want to drink water that the butchers' guild had used to wash away their rotten offal.

Here ya go - water flow and some waterfalls listed as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild city - water flow 02 [half sized].jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	90888

Thanks John

@Straf - looks like 32 might be really hot property

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast