Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Hey 12 Rounds,
    Nice job on the portraits and tokens.
    -D

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Thank you all for your nice comments!

-----------------------------------------------

Name: Ashim Kamal
    Race: Human

Ashim is a devout follower of Barrakis, the deity of assassinations and murders. His origins are shrouded in mystery (I don't know where in Ansium a person of obvious Arab heritage would come from). He offers his specialities for hire and is especially proficient in using his poisoned serpent-ornamented dagger. Ashim Kamal creates his own poisons and does not rely on the concoctions of witches, shamans or shady clerics. He masters several extremely rare recipies for extraordinary poisons ranging from poisons that cause slow and bloody death all the way into poisons that cause delayed mental instabilities of the recipient. His skills in herbal lore allow him to create healing salves and potions as well, but he uses such non-destructive ailments onto himself only - even if good money would fall his way by selling healing herbs.

Ashim has found Calishem to be perfect as his base of operations many years ago and nowadays his reputation is such that he can actually pick lucrative marks that don't require him to spend days or weeks travelling around the world. Ashim is a man of high intellect, but also he suffers from an addiction to herbs that make him fearless and more focused in his work. The herbs in question he can't cultivate on his own, but instead need to get them from his underworld contacts as many such herbs are deemed illegal to possess and consume.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 06-20-2016 at 02:27 AM.

You are unstoppable 12rounds
    Nice character, love his pose, especially the way he is running sand through his hand. You are definitely still getting better at this.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Another great image 12Rounds.

I do have some Arabic-based people in the Thargellian Highlands (Area 23), but they migrated from further east.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post I see Arabs southeast of Calishem

Hey, 12 rounds, nice portrait of an assassin!

I see the Arabs coming from the southeast, in the first unmapped region east of the Plague lands. Calishem is a huge urban trade center with almost 100,000 inhabitants (I really don't want to map that myself!).

Ethnically it is located in the southernmost region of the Slavic peoples, and the westernmost region of the Topaz Horde of Mongols. Because the Spice and Silk roads reach the western terminus along the inland Sea of Qashya, and the Spice Road passes through Arabic country, which has drawn many great Arabic merchant houses to Calishem.

Calishem is a mixture of Arabic, Slavic and Mongols, with smatterings of traders from the Land of Rajahs and the Chin-Qai Empire (a kind of early China), even nordic traders from somewhere in northern Ansium, thus its a melting pot of the Far and Near East of Ansium, as I see it. Kind of a cross between Samarkand and Constantinople. The ruling government is Mongol, but they allow very much a free hand to the merchant ethnic populations that make Calishem one of the wealthiest cities in the world, and the cultural capital of the Khanate of Qashya Mal.

Nice to finally see a Calishem local!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-13-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Name: Augustus von Haedor
    Race: Human

Originally from Akron, sir Augustus is a wandering paladin of Valan. He is a very respectable and highly noted member of Valan's followers, but refuses to be chastised by any one single power group within the religion. He does not care much for politics and deal-making and has adopted his wandering life-style willingly. Sir Augustus has received formal training fit for a knight as his noble parents planned a life of the nobility for him. Instead Sir Augustus found his calling in a remote coastal Valan's monastery southeast of Drator in Akron. There he learned the ways of Valan under the tutorage of one Melnick Ja'el - a legendary elven monk who ran the monastery for 50 years and then went on a personal quest from which he has not returned. Yet.

Augustus connects to many religious authorities throughout Ansium and gains insight into where he his services might be required. His person is a stern, but charismatic one, and one that has an aura of calmness. He is at peace with himself and has nothing to prove to anyone anymore. His mind set puts him on the verge of being "enlightened".

He has now moved to Thargellian Highlands to oppose a possible cult of Syth that has been rumoured to gain foothold in the area. He has the patience of a hunting lion and is thus mainly "dormant" for the time being and gathering as much information as he possibly can.

### PIC ###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Hah! Your site is blocked at my work 12rounds. So I can't see anything.
    Your site was put in a custom blacklist... very weird. One of our admins seems to hate you
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Hah! Your site is blocked at my work 12rounds. So I can't see anything.
    Your site was put in a custom blacklist... very weird. One of our admins seems to hate you
    Why would that be? I pay good money for it and the hosting company is one of the biggest around here. Perhaps they just scan around for "non-work related" content and summarily blacklist it.

Quote Originally Posted by 12rounds View Post
    Why would that be? I pay good money for it and the hosting company is one of the biggest around here. Perhaps they just scan around for "non-work related" content and summarily blacklist it.
    I checked again and http://chardepot.pp.fi/ is blocked by Websense in the category "games". So I guess your website is blacklisted by Websense and a lot of companies use that filter unfortunately
    (at first I thought you had been added to the custom blacklist).

Anyway, I see you uploaded the image to the forum as well. Beautiful work. I love his armor (the lion is great!) and his pike. The only part I don't like so much is the point of the pike. I would expect it to be really sharp and it doesn't look like it.

I believe that technically that weapon would be a spetum or partisan rather than a simple pike. A spetum is roughly a spear with a knife blades at the side while a pike is a very long spear with (usually) a small head for piercing armor. http://www.tomsarazac.com/tom/Fun/polearms.html isn't the most technical of references but it gets the idea across.

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast