Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by 12rounds View Post
    Yes you can.
    Haha...

He looks like a very shrewd aristrocrat, but also a bit of an evil man
    You captured him very well I think.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Name: General Medved Agadul
    Race: Human (?)

General Agadul is the commander of the standing troops of Darkovia. Serving directly under prince Casimir Darkov, general Agadul is responsible and obediant to prince Casimir only. Much has been said about general Agadul's position among the living, but the locals do not fear general Agadul in the same way as they do prince Darkov. Horses and dogs don't get nervous or agitated around general Agadul and he is generally thought of as a rather likable man among Darkovian citizens.

That being said ... general Agadul is a ruthless and merciless killer when it comes to his duties. He knows that prince Casimir is not a lenient leader and upsetting him is a ... bad idea. Many have served Casimir Darkov, but once they fail their tasks, their achievements mean nothing to Casimir. General Agadul has been the army's commander for well over a decade and under his rule Darkovian military has gained a lot. Prior to him, Darkovian standing troops were not equalling that of their neighbours, but general Agadul has made radical changes in the deployment or troops, training and equipment used. Darkovian military has not been used in a war under Agadul's rule, but a common opinion - even in the diplomatic quarters of Calishem - seems to be that Darkovian army currently outmatches all of it's neighbouring armies.

General Agadul is a common sight in Calishem since he acts as the Darkovian diplomatic liason. When not taking part in any diplomatic negotiations in Calishem, a sure way to meet Agadul is in the military training grounds of Darkovia. Agadul does not expect any man under his command to perform better than himself. Of course he can not simply outman everyone, but when it comes time to test skills, his men are wise enough to let Agadul win if the chances are Agadul would not win by his own merit. Still losing on purpose is not a good idea if it's not done very carefully; Agadul is known to have beheaded some of his own men in training when he thought they weren't "serious" enough.

Agadul is not romantically involved with anyone in particular, but there are rumours circulating around every now and then that Agadul and Lady Vorasena have something happening between them two...

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Post I like!

Darkovia seems more and more alive with each addition, 12Rounds!

It makes me contemplate what weapons and technology, Agadul has integrated into the Darkovian military. Considering the mongol hordes of Qashya Mal being the leading military force in the region, I'm sure much came from their - very curious.

I like that he is also an emmissary to Calishem - somebody ought to make a map of that grand merchant capital, someday...

Great stuff, Kimmo!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice job 12rounds, more rep coming your way. Luckily I can't run out of rep

Is that a sabre he is carrying?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    It makes me contemplate what weapons and technology, Agadul has integrated into the Darkovian military. Considering the mongol hordes of Qashya Mal being the leading military force in the region, I'm sure much came from their - very curious.
    Well ... to my mind Darkovia seems a dark and backwater place. I would think that prince Casimir is not interested in conquest and matters military and has thus not paid attention to how Darkovia can hold up against aggression. In essence I had the feeling that prior to general Adagul, there were little organisation in the army and basically Agadul's predecessor just had a horde of men based somewhere in the vicinity of Casimir's castle. What Agadul has done, is that he may have introduced doctrine-based light cavalry units that are both combat-trained and that use good quality horses and have switched wood-tipped spears to more modern weapons such as cavalry sabers and perhaps bows of Calishem design. He could also have detailed a new organisational structure and outpost-system that would make command and control decisions quicker to execute and more accurate. Perhaps he has managed to advocate the social standing of soldiers as well in turn resulting in better quality soldiers joining in the ranks.

Just thoughts really and of course everything is up for debate. Darkovia has no chance against Calishem per se, but I'm thinking there are many smallish neighbouring and rivalling nations in the area. As there are not yet more detailed maps of the Darkovia surroundings, this is all subject to change.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More 12Rounds goodness
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Name: Baron Dunden LaFleur
    Race: human

Dunden is the richest man in Raedis and it's surrounding areas. Period.
    His wealth is hereditary in nature and his family, the LaFleurs, hold a special place in the history of Raedis. The LaFleur family live outside of Raedis in the "LaFleur Mansion" - located several miles north of Raedis in the coastal region. The location is serene and absolutely beautiful and the estate is the biggest of the estates in all of Raedis.

Dunden is currently the head of the LaFleur family. His two younger brothers are all deeply involved in the family businesses as well, but the actual strings are tightly packed in the hands of Dunden. The distant past of the family is not that of glory, but of bloody and fierce looting in once-restless war time, and that is where the family wealth comes from. Their current income is legitimate, though. Dunden invests heavily on Raedis and the family actually owns directly or indirectly a good 1/8th of the city. Commerce sector is of special interest to Dunden and consequently many of the shop-keepers in the city pay Dunden a hefty rent to use the land under their feet. Dunden also funds many merchant enterpreneurs and own several merchant ships that use Raedis as their home base.

Baron LaFleur is an avid supporter of Lord Romano - the current elected leader of Raedis. He is not in agreement with Romano's revolutionary ideas about leadership, but as far as the family's influence can be use as leverage to political affairs of the city, it doesn't really matter to Dunden how the city is governed. Whatever works if it keeps the LaFleur family rich.

Dunden has a bit of a temperament and has been known to succumb to uncontrollable tantrums especially while under the influence of wine. His marriage ended abruptly only after a year when he pushed her wife Maria over a balcony and her neck snapped rendering her lifeless. At the time Dunden was so angry that he rampaged several stairways down to the courtyard and started kicking her already dead wife on the ground. His brothers stopped him and calmed down eventually. There were no consequences for him, though, and that fact eventually raised waves of protests in the city. The controversy was enough to register on Aldamar's radar and their people have since then been closely monitoring possible corruption within the city's governing bodies. Maria's family were not of equally influential origins and they have had to just bite the bullet and bury their loved one. Maria's family will probably find a way to pay back and Maria's brother, Evan, has sworn to devote his life opposing the LaFleurs and the current city administration who let Dunden go without even a slap in the wrist.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Nice character, more rep coming your way.

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast