Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** February 2018 Challenge: Elevator Pitch Prophecies ***

I'm really interested in this!!! I've been in awe of the monthly challanges from the past, so I'd really like to participate. I wanted to make sure of the combining/switching of Prophecies. For instance I have two I'm currently leaning towards:

"When the Wheel is broken and the last storm gathers, the Sword of Orbs shall be destroyed."
    "In the Labyrinth of Dweomers, when the Jade Gate opens and the Blade of Virtue is reforged, the Temple of Iron shall be found."

Would it be acceptable to combine the two into one as such? - "In the Labyrinth of Dweomers, when the Jade Gate opens, the Sword of Orbs shall be destroyed."

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
    Last edited by whisper_my_name; 02-09-2018 at 01:20 AM.
    ~ whisper

We agreed earlier in this thread that multiple prophecies could be combined so long as they were clearly listed somewhere in your WIP thread. Not so sure about how you have combined them though. I am sure Mr. D will be along at some point to clarify as needed. I am in the same boat as you. Have multiple prophecies that I am wanting to combine but need to mix them in and out of each other a bit to get the right feel.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 02-09-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Even if I can't "officially" participate in the challenge I'm already scheming on my plans for this prompt. It's leading into something big for me. I'm pretty fired up!!!
    ~ whisper

Always cool when that happens.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

You will want to start a new WIP thread in this sub-forum. See the first post in this thread for how to title your new thread.
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    You will want to start a new WIP thread in this sub-forum. See the first post in this thread for how to title your new thread.
    Posted the new WIP thread, so should I delete the reply here?

Quote Originally Posted by whisper_my_name View Post
    Even if I can't "officially" participate in the challenge I'm already scheming on my plans for this prompt. It's leading into something big for me. I'm pretty fired up!!!
    Anyone can join in, Whisper! Come on down and start a Challenge thread. There are no prequalifying rules - you just start your map and start a Challenge thread

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whisper_my_name View Post
    I'm really interested in this!!! I've been in awe of the monthly challanges from the past, so I'd really like to participate. I wanted to make sure of the combining/switching of Prophecies. For instance I have two I'm currently leaning towards:

"When the Wheel is broken and the last storm gathers, the Sword of Orbs shall be destroyed."
    "In the Labyrinth of Dweomers, when the Jade Gate opens and the Blade of Virtue is reforged, the Temple of Iron shall be found."

Would it be acceptable to combine the two into one as such? - "In the Labyrinth of Dweomers, when the Jade Gate opens, the Sword of Orbs shall be destroyed."

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
    I'm going to say 'no' to mixing up the prophecies like you've done. I think you're okay if you link the two with a comma or semicolon or something, or make minor changes in the sentences, like adding or taking away punctuation, capitalizing or decapitalizing letters, or even just having two (or more) independent sentences that are somehow related to each other. Anything more turns it into "Come up with your own prophecy". Part of the idea of the Challenges is to simulate a commission - someone says "I need map A done in style B", and then with the month time constraint, it adds to that feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by MPG View Post
    Posted the new WIP thread, so should I delete the reply here?
    Deleted it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I'm going to say 'no' to mixing up the prophecies like you've done. I think you're okay if you link the two with a comma or semicolon or something, or make minor changes in the sentences, like adding or taking away punctuation, capitalizing or decapitalizing letters, or even just having two (or more) independent sentences that are somehow related to each other. Anything more turns it into "Come up with your own prophecy". Part of the idea of the Challenges is to simulate a commission - someone says "I need map A done in style B", and then with the month time constraint, it adds to that feel.

Deleted it for you.
    Thank you for the response. I've already started working on my prophecy map! I won't enter it into the challenge since I didn't quite follow the rules, but I'm still very appreciative for the prompt! It definitely got my brain going. I think I will add it to the WIP area if that is okay.

That generator is too cool! Thanks for the inspiration.
    ~ whisper

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

looking forward to see what people come with for this one

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast