Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Land of a Thousand Falls

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    +12 h ��?
    Ifeel you too , lol that style painting requires lot of work an paint over several times on the same areas. My only criticism is about sea ... I would invert colors , darken the outer sea and lighten the coastal areas.... everything else looks gorgeous ... I feel we have a similar approach to map paint even if styles are differing on the specific ones.
    12 hours? If you mean what does "another night" mean, in this case closer to 5 or 6. If you mean total spent so far..hmmm I guess about 26 very roughly. Looking at your piece I was thinking the same thing about our methods being similar. I feel like mine would change slightly if I was producing on a more steady basis because I'm always looking for ways to speed it up. It does take multiple passes.
    Thanks for your comments and mentioning about the coastal areas and the sea. I've sort of been working from the upper left towards the bottom right and haven't done much more than paint bucket and layer settings on them. I'm still not sure how I want to paint them exactly but I will do something soon.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 02-19-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I finally got in some sailing. I have lots and lots of waterfalls to go. I'll have to do some river carving as I'm doing that as well (meaning I'm adjusting some river edges and so on to get things lined up better.

I may work on this more tonight but no promises. I had a ton of interruptions today but I'd say add another 4 or 5 hours.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

The mountain detail is amazing! And that claw! I did like the lighter water color, though (but with Naima's suggestion).

I'm in that space where this is either progress or regression and I'm not sure which. You know, that part where you sort of might hate it.

I made a bunch of tweaks and some color adjustments, it must have rained because the grass is a tad greener. (I'll be honest, I'm always tweaking colors right to the end).

Due to a few saying you preferred the brighter ocean I have moved toward that. I'm not sure this looks better but maybe my monitor is off or something. I do like this one as well but by all means let me know which you prefer as I can keep playing with it

(Especially if you are Ramah).

I altered the trees again but I wouldn't say I am completely satisfied with the experiment.

Waterfalls are still being added and messed with.

I've GOT to get to cities and labels soon as well as my border.

### Latest WIP ###

I didn't comment when you put up your last WIP, but personally I think I preferred the darker (EDIT: bluer, not darker) ocean you had then. Although perhaps a bit of both - dark blue but with a (tiny) hint of turquoise around the coast?

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I didn't comment when you put up your last WIP, but personally I think I preferred the darker (EDIT: bluer, not darker) ocean you had then. Although perhaps a bit of both - dark blue but with a (tiny) hint of turquoise around the coast?

Wingshaw
    Thanks, I'll fiddle some more with it. I think I know exactly what you mean so we'll see if I can get it.

Yep, think I have to agree with Wingshaw - the dark blue sea definitely looks quite a lot better than te new greener one.

Although its looking fantastic whichever one you decide to go for!

I am seriously digging this. The claw.... As for the oceans, I am fine with either version.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

It's starting to look really awesome! As others have said that claw is really cool! The waterfall are looking nice, I don't feel strongly about the two different oceans but I do think that the darker/bluer water makes the waterfalls stand out more.

Thank you guys for the input. I've attempted to merge the two colors together for the ocean.

I think I've got all my waterfalls in there...don't think there are 1000 but I'm not counting

I've changed the color of the claw because my wife thought it should be a different color and that sounded like a good idea. Did I say I tend to keep changing my colors?

### Latest WIP ###

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast