Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: November/December 2015 Challenge: Elemental Airship

Guild Member Facebook Connected Romeinoneday's Avatar

I just finished the map! I'll write an entry about it tomorrow. I have to work soon.
    I hope you all like it, especially Ilanthar.

### Latest WIP ###

Airship Final.png

I do like it ! I've just one nitpick : the text on the left is a little bigger and therefore, I think there's a missing part after "combat mode also enables the ship to make".

This could really come in hand for someone needing a nice ship for miniatures and I like the hand drawn feel to this.

Ilanthar is right about the text ending unexpectedly.

I would prefer the deck area to be a bit brighter since it looks pretty dark to me and I found myself leaning toward my monitor straining a bit to make out everything.

The grid in the center, is that open to the air beneath because it seems like we should be seeing the deck below rather than the sky background?

Good job.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected Romeinoneday's Avatar

### Latest WIP ###

Airship Final.png

Nice, although if I might add another suggestion for the middle level anyway?

You might try taking the square section from the lowermost level that lines up with where the grid is on the mid level and drop that beneath the grid layer on the middle level. Blur it a bit maybe and darken it a tad since it's in shadow from that level and let that be what we see through the grid.

In other words, allow us to see just barely the contents that are beneath the grid in the center deck. Hopefully, that made some sort of sense.

If I had flying ships in my game world I would totally swipe this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Boats, I like boats!!! And I do have flying ships in my Spelljammer campaign so I am going to steal this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123