Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Wörld of Metal

Very nice! The overall impression is really cool! The waterfall are not "hazy" enough to my taste, though.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Alright, thanks to the both of you. Yes, the waterfall is very basic. I'll come up with something better for sure. Just wanted to see if its' mere existence can help elevating the island.
    Last edited by Rongar; 02-05-2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: typooooo

Quoting myself, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rongar View Post
    Yes, the waterfall is very basic. I'll come up with something better for sure.
    I was thinking something like this:

OLD:
    Wörld of Metal_float_small.png

NEW:
    Wörld of Metal_float2_small.png

The floating island part is more or less finished, except for roads maybe. But I'll leave it at that for now, otherwise I won't make any progress because I tend to fiddle with little things for hours (literally!). I'm currently mapping out the Viking Belt and after that I'll take care of the more grim looking countries, like the Isle of Death, etc. Next full size WIP when I've got a more substantial update for you guys and girls.

Regards,

~~Rongar

Yup, the waterfalls are just fine now!
    On a different matter, you have some pixellated black lines near the temple of the holy diver.

Yes, thank you. [Edit] Actually there are floating pixels all over the place. Grr! And I also just noticed the forest in front of the Wall of Death has no shadow. This goes right onto my to-do-list for later.
    Last edited by Rongar; 02-06-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Oh Rongar, this is too cool! I absolutely love it. Great concept. I'm not going to offer any critique as much more knowledgeable folk than I have already commented.

From one metalhead to another, there better be a Temple of the Priest somewhere! I haven't had a chance to look properly at the latest pics (I'm at work).
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Yay, another metalhead!

Thanks for the compliment! Glad you like it. There is not yet a Temple of the Priest but I definitely planned to include something from Judas Priest. That's what you meant, right? At first - when I read your comment - I thought of "Blood of the Priest" but that's a song from Brocas Helm (which is a fantastic name for a landmark by the way, so thanks for that ). I'm always open for suggestions, by the way, so if you know of a reference (be it bands, songs, or whatever), just let me know and I'll see if and where I can put it on the map. I do have a lot of my own stuff that I want to include, but I'm still early in, so there's lots of room. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to map moshpits. I'm tinkering with the idea of a crater, or perhaps an arena of some sort. Or maybe like a natural phenomenon that isn't bound to a specific area on the map. Because, after all, moshpits can happen almost anywhere.

Anyway, thanks for your comment, brother!

\m/\m/ Rongar

You could, as just a thought, have some sort of monolith/obelisk with a carven staircase, perhaps jutting up from the ocean just under "heaven" and call it The Stairway to Heaven. Of course if you don't want to do that, you could always have a place called Witches Valley...

And 100% it was Judas Priest I was referring to, my favourite metal band. Got to the see them at Soundwaves here in Oz back in 2015. Absolutely brilliant I was less the 4metres from stage, it was awesome and they did, Victim of Changes my favourite song\m/
    Last edited by damonjynx; 02-07-2017 at 03:37 AM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

I also thought about Stairway to Heaven, but the place is now called Valhalla. But I could make a stairway anyway, because I think people will get the reference nonetheless.

Hail to the Priest, by the way. Painkiller is one of my favourite albums of any band ever. I've added a Shrine of the Priest and it will be placed - *drumroll* - between the (city of) Hammer and the (city of) Anvil. It's even written in a Judas Priest font, haha.

The work is beautiful - stray pixels or not. I can see this getting an award of some kind next March

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast