Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

Blog Entries

Nice map Mouse, and thanks for the mask - that makes life easier !
    The map size in RAM may be to do with a couple of reasons. It could be the undo allocation or it could be to do with the format that the file is store internally. There could be a number of sensible reasons for it but my experience has been that windows stuff is pretty bloated on the whole. To be honest I find almost all apps from everyone to be more bloated than they need to be.

Thanks Red

All I know is that I wouldn't have been able to continue mapping anything larger than a postage stamp in GIMP or Krita without Linuxmint. Thanks again for all the help you gave me setting it up.

Thanks to everyone who helped

This first building is excellent! Will you add some cows or cattle there?

Thank you, Ilanthar

That's my first ever hand drawn building (except for a couple of really tiny ones I did in the Road to Tiamis, but they were ISO, not top down), so I'm quite relieved it came out ok.

Cows and sheep? Hmmm. Sheep would be dots at this scale, but cows would be little fat lines I guess. Maybe somewhere there will be some, but this particular building is like an office set up in the middle of a supply depot. To the south there will be a tent and shack camp, where all the refugees (applicants) from elsewhere wait to be accepted as new members before they can move into Guild City

What?! So your side of the Guild City screens immigrants and limits entrance? That has not been agreed by all parts in any town council, nor decreed by the Grand Master of the Guild, nor voted in any referendum to the populace.

The monks at the monastery object to this and declare that on their "side" of the border, entry is free.

As fo the building, apart its hideous usage, it's fine and dandy!

LOL!

I'm representing the spam measures here, so there will also have to be five check points on the road to the gate, staffed by Community Leaders - five tests that each of the applicants for city membership must have to pass before they are allowed to enter

Any suggestions for the exact nature of the tests?

And thanks for the structural compliment

EDIT: also I need to have a gallows somewhere - for all the little spams that fail the five tests.

Or a wall to put them against to be shot

Snails progress - drawing cliffs is difficult. I have to see it in my imagination a few seconds before I draw it. Hard to explain!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linux v2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	5.27 MB 
ID:	102338

Oh wow Mouse! I only every see this map in super low resolution on my phone. This is the first time I see it on my pc, and those cliffs are just a-ma-zing! Wish I stopped by on my pc earlier. And the house looks very nice too. If the rest of the map is going to be like that this is going to be one hell of a map (:

Thank you, Daniel - that's made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL!

I'm representing the spam measures here, so there will also have to be five check points on the road to the gate, staffed by Community Leaders - five tests that each of the applicants for city membership must have to pass before they are allowed to enter

Any suggestions for the exact nature of the tests?
    Simple questions to ensure that they are human and not hideous insectoid dopplegangers.
    What is your name?
    What is your quest?
    What is your favorite color?
    What is the difference between a large-scale and a small-scale map?
    What map projection is suitable when you prioritize accurate representation of area?

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast