Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bannarith: Seat of Empire

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey snodsy, yeah I need to work on placement for Shoba. That is more a placeholder at this point. Besides the capital cities (represented by a star in a circle), only major cities are represented, because the scale of the map is so large. I'm going to start plotting out a regional map of the Iron Cities, and more detail will be apparent.
    Last edited by Diamond; 04-16-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Another update. More naming done, and all cultures plotted out (except for some prominent steppe nomad tribes). I re-did the Shoba Empire label; I think it works a little better this way. It's kind of tricky to place because of that inland sea. Thoughts? I also completed the color schemes for the various nations, but I'm considering making Yrm and Shoba a little darker.

Also put in a title and reworked the outer map borders (again).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool map... but whenever I see abrupt cut borders I then want to know what lies beyond ... so whats beyond? ... hows the rest of the world like?

Just beautiful, D

Everything is so perfect!

Yay, a Diamond map

This looks really good, Diamond. Like the kind of thing that might be found in an old historical atlas (also, I like the caterpillar mountains a lot).

Wingshaw
    (formerly TheHoarseWhisperer or THW)

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Wow it looks so real.

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Another update. More naming done, and all cultures plotted out (except for some prominent steppe nomad tribes). I re-did the Shoba Empire label; I think it works a little better this way. It's kind of tricky to place because of that inland sea. Thoughts? I also completed the color schemes for the various nations, but I'm considering making Yrm and Shoba a little darker.

Also put in a title and reworked the outer map borders (again).
    It's been a while since I last posted in the forum, here. Even ashes from hot embers cool in less time, so perhaps the edge of my prior critiques have been worn down by the River of Time.

A map such as the one in progress here, though, i worthy of giving voice to, I think. Indeed, it praises itself, even as it leaves the human eye to wander it at length to dine upon its appetizing qualities.

So such beauty rendered by the hand of one with a mastery in the art of subtlety. Bedecked in pinks, this map seeks to seduce the eye with its lovely charms. Behold, Astel! For there it sparkles in a hue of blue, a diamond for the eye to discover in short order.

The bold outline grabs the eye and commands attention. Populated with labels and adorned with fontcraft, this map would fetch a fine ransom, even in its current unfinished state.

This map is a sterling example of how can be an object of serene interest. The oceans are regal in their simplicity, and crowned with a font worthy of the eye. But here, the land is not to be outdone. It struts its stuff! A beautiful tapestry of loveliness in cartographic form. A veritable garden of color in restrained form teasing the eye, pleasing the visual senses - sharing the visual stage with textures that reach out and take the eye by the hand.

There stands the Iron Cities and the Free City of Irebhour wielding colors to mark them as their own. The refuse to yield! They bring to this map a choice of where to dwell beyond the blankets of pink that stretch the width of the world. The far reaches of the North are jealous, and they cast an envious eye southwards.

But Suggath Gol and the Shoba Empire will have none of that! Here, the world changes, and texture is king over color.

I only wish that I knew why that "and Surrounds" is not rendered in curved form, like the edge of a sphere. The surrounding white space begs for it, but this is an alien land to me. I know not the customs of this place, nor the ways of the realms depicted.

Upon the Key, I hall pass. My eyes do not dwell there.

As I prepare to depart, I admire the the diagonal lines and the diamond-checked patterns. My eye loves the variety of it all! The cities and towns help bring this map to life. My personal best to all who call The Bannarith Empire and its Surrounds home.

Yea verily, it has been too long since a Grim Finger has stirred its gnarled knuckle upon these forums!

I have just quickly looked over the most recent map. I do think it looks good and from the way things are going it does have the feel of the older historical atlases, I do look forward to seeing the final product, the partial map key and the as yet unnamed towns definitely tweak my interest in this map. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. I'll try to post an update this weekend, time permitting.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast