Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Earth Reboot, New Eden

I'm sure we all feel just like you. I always have a few things I hate about my maps but this looks really amazing. I look forward to seeing what this becomes.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks a lot Joël ! Well, it's a test, so I never did something like this before, indeed.
    I think there's a lot of room for improvement though... I see a lot of things I'm not happy with when I'm working on it (especially when zoomed in).

Small update. Rivers are done.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113891
    This is getting cooler and cooler, the only thing I do not like are the grid lines on sea but I guess you will remove them later?

The whole shading is just perfect !

Thanks, GW & Jax!

@Jax : I know you're right about this. We're working on those maps for a long time, hence we end by seeing only what could be done better.

Some more forests & a start about the upper holo view. I'm gonna need to make it smaller or to make the whole thing bigger, I guess...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    New Eden.jpg

Sniped!

Thanks!
    And, errh, no, I meant to keep the grid. It's part of the futuristic view...

huh, those mountains in the sky or whatever they are....not sure if that is an artifact of your tools but it did trigger a flight of possibilities in my imagination. Like those games where you go into a dungeon and there is a whole underground area to explore...what if there was instead of an underground an ________? Like some other dimension type thing. Anyway, it's like mountains in the sky which could be kind of cool.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Awesome work here! The perspective is very cool!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's fascinating to see how the map is so obvious: the choice of colours and very high contrast are really a good idea! I also like these mountains in holograms very much.... I haven't fully understood where you want to go with this yet, but it's very promising!

Thanks guys .

Well, I'm not sure of those wireframe holo mountains anymore... It's time consuming and big... I was planning to place topographic data on it (higher summits, valleys, etc), but It may just be a waste of place.
    Did some more terrain color. The idea is to have a western coast (on the right here) more arid and with less forests.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    New Eden.jpg

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I can see why they take so long, but they're really beautiful! (sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Sniped!

Thanks!
    And, errh, no, I meant to keep the grid. It's part of the futuristic view...
    Oh ok then ... I somehow find hard to match the futuristic precise lines with the handpainted style . But the whole realization is wonderfull.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast