Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Earth Reboot, New Eden

Some more. Colors on the main map are more or less done.
    I'm may try do those holo stuff less detailed and more quickly. Especially if I have to size them down afterward...

@Naima : I'm sure about quite nothing right now. This has nothing to do whith what I had in mind when I began. I like it, but maybe I should do something different about that grid & holo stuff. I'll do tests if I have time.

### Latest WIP ###
    New Eden.jpg

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I don't know what you had in mind originally, but if it was better than THIS, it probably would have melted my mind.

If you are running out of time maybe you could convert it all to grid and only paint in part of it like a partial survey? Not sure what your tin said but I think this is super cool.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

By Diamond
    I don't know what you had in mind originally, but if it was better than THIS, it probably would have melted my mind.
    . Yeah something more "holographic hud hovering over a realistic 3D map", but I'm almost never obtaining what I first have in mind (sometime for the better), so...

By Jaxilon
    If you are running out of time maybe you could convert it all to grid and only paint in part of it like a partial survey? Not sure what your tin said but I think this is super cool.
    I'm trying to finish at least the mandatory parts... and I pretty much had the same idea.

So, some parts in holo (I enlarged the volcano by 2). I also did a color change & grid on/grid off tests. What version do you like the best?
    V1
    New Eden v1.jpg
    V2
    New Eden v2.jpg
    V3
    New Eden v3.jpg
    V4
    ### Latest WIP ###
    New Eden v4.jpg

I would say I prefer V3 if no Sci fi theme, while with with the Sci fi Theme I prefer V4.
    Last edited by Naima; 03-06-2019 at 11:27 AM.

I think the grid is important unless you are going to do a bunch of work on the sea...it kind of floats without the grid. Plus, the upper grids tie it all together. Also, it took a while to find the mountain in the grid showing the square facility under it on the main map because it's not lined up. Are you planning to put a line indicating or line things up vertically so it's easy to see where those fit into the map below?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

I'm for a grided version as well. And this is damn cool Ilanthar!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for your comments, guys!
    Then, v4 it is. Just started to work on the frame & data a bit. Spent some time to do the logo for the "Earth Reboot Project".
    ### Latest WIP ###
    New Eden v4.jpg

cool logo! I like where this is going.

Very nice idea! It looks like a James Bond scene when the evil guy shows is plan to 007, believing he has won

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast