• Bluffs Encounter - dorpond

15 22.73%
  • Magma Bridge - aegean

1 1.52%
  • Lost Vaults of L. Morrow - Vry

1 1.52%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: May Challenge Voting

Thanks to The Hound for sponsoring the contest and CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners and a hearty thank you to all those that submitted an entry!!

Let's try to make next month's contest just as big.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I want to thank everyone who voted for me and I especially want to thank The Hound for throwing this contest. It was a lot of fun! Thank you all!

Congrats Dorpond. Great entry and well deserved first place. Also well done to everyone who entered the challenge this month. Lets keep the numbers this high, prizes or no prizes, every month.

Special thanks to the Hound and RPGTonight for sponsoring this month's challenge. Take note all you corporate cutthroats out there. Now there's an example to follow . The file size element to the challenge was very interesting and I leanred one very important lesson, Use Gimp! I had no knowledge of compression at all when this challenge began. Whenever you save a jpg using the Gimp you are given a quality slider which means file compression. I found it was just a matter of trying different slider settings to see how low I would have to go to reach the 75kb. It was as easy as that. No technical knowledge needed. More kudos to a great free app.

Thanks again to everyone.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Aye... I meant to thank RPGtonight and Hound as well on here .. but I stopped by their forum and thanked him there ....

Congrats Dorpond ... really great concept and map ....
    Congrats to Torq you too had a great map and unique concept ... I really dug the blurring of ground beneath the tower giving the sense of height and vertigo...

BRING ON THE NEXT CHALLENGE !!! .... I'm going to get me a compass one of these months... maybe June is my compass month!
    Have Pen. Will Map.
    Have Dice. Will Travel.
    GM for Hire | Artist and Cartographer | Free Quotes on

Blog Entries

Firstly, thanks to the Hound for sponsoring. Secondly, well done Dorpond. A great map and very well deserved win. A win amongst the highest turnout so far which should definitely sugar it a bit

Well done Torq and also Del. Terrific maps.

Well done everyone else too. There were some great maps in there and no votes to show for it. Its a slightly regrettable situation where you have only one vote to cast amongst 25. Some way of apportioning a number of points would have meant that some of the non winners would get a more representative account of the appreciation that we had of them. I hope that some of the new members (tho not necessarily new mappers !) who failed to garner a high vote could stick around.

Thanks to MeleeGuy and the other anon voter who voted for me

I have been away for a day and theres a full page of new threads and loads of VTT questions to pick up on. I think that Dormouse's post was informative with lots of detailed feedback in there to look at. A lot of people were saying about how the map should have been made for VTT's where they have some specific VTT in mind for that assessment. The thing is that the maps were made for the RPGTonight style VTT where the assumption was that it cant do all that lighting, layers, lots of movable objects and so on. So we made a map with them fixed on it. We could have provided many separate PNG type images with loads of layers and objects in different positions - but not in 75K.

Dorpond has requested as many maps to be used in native VTTs where possible so I will show mine with lighting, moving doors, walking under trees, projector mode and high zoom and provide a high res version. My main machine has died tho and the maps were on it and didn't make it to second stage backup. I have assembled all of the material components and will be casting resurrection on it shortly. If it passes system shock then ill get them off and/or post them. Fingers crossed (thats the necessary semantic component of the spell I believe )

Congrats everyone for some really lovely maps and a great competition! Wow, really great late surge for Del's map!

I hope this cements anyone from Hound's VTT site to wander over here and post any requests for any future maps that they might need. I think the rules say that the winners should allow their maps to be used on the VTT site, but I'm happy to donate my humble er...offering (0 votes!) if Hound would like to pollute his site with it!

Cheers everyone, great efforts and definitely some maps in the mix which deserved to be more richly rewarded. A special mention from me for Cisticola's map, which I thought was really underrated in the voting.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I believe we may have a forum up for this very soon.
    Forum is now up.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

HOLY COW ..... why am I still on this thread for??? Kudos RPM ....
    Have Pen. Will Map.
    Have Dice. Will Travel.
    GM for Hire | Artist and Cartographer | Free Quotes on

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    ... I think the rules say that the winners should allow their maps to be used on the VTT site, but I'm happy to donate my humble er...offering (0 votes!) if Hound would like to pollute his site with it!
    Thank you Ravells. We are seriously lacking in the horror and sci fi departments, so the Shoggoths are eager to get their pseudopods on your wonderfully loathsome creation.

Since there is too much to say to all,

I will only say this:

Great job to the winner and to all the runner up, WE will beat them next time or the time after or ...

It was a fun challenge to play by and Thanks all for the great comments you've said about us and our maps.

Sea-U-hall,

Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast