Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite fantasy world?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Pullman's World of "The golden Compass"
    Deep China of "The Promisse"

and i love the Phantasy Star universe with all worlds of Motavia, Parma and Dezolis.

ALAGAESIA! Without a doubt, my favorite world is Alagaesia. It's the world of the Inheritance Cycle series containing four books: 1.Eragon 2.Eldest 3.Brisingr 4 Inheritance. Is this anyone else's favorite? How could this world not be mentioned?
    Last edited by LordCartoart; 05-16-2017 at 10:17 PM.

I very much like Middle Earth, however Mark Rosenfelder's Almea is amazing, it's so in depth and fleshed out!

Also, while this may not technically count as fantasy, I really love the world of Ilion by Emily Holland, it's a speculative evolution scenario set on a tidally-locked planet.

I think the world from Malazan Book of the Fallen is amazing. I love the multitude of different continents. The world just feels huge to me.

• The Continent - The Witcher
    • Westeros - A Song of Ice and Fire
    • The Fated Place - Warhammer (Old & New)
    • In a galaxy far, far away - Star Wars
    • Nirn - The Elder Scrolls
    • Thedas - Dragon Age
    Last edited by Kâ Lys; 10-17-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Yeah the Malazan one is really great, though I find following the jump from book to book very confusing, unless you read them all in a row perhaps, whioch I've never done.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    2. Jack Vance's Dying Earth and Lyonesse
    Got to second that one. Mostly because Vance didn't really bother that much, it was a simply an empty canvas for him to create brilliant stories and the world just flows into and out of them, so it ends up being brilliant as well.

I like the world from the dragon lance series because I read a book about a Minotaur once. And one about a black smith/warrior (was it the same one?).

One of my favorites is of course Darksun. It's an archetype and a really good one.

Also Narnia. Really one of the best series ever so how could one not include it?

Haha, yeah it's a series that is very inconsistent from book to book. Deadhouse Gates was the best though, (there were a couple more that came close).

My favorite was the world presented in the First Avatar: Avatar Wan episodes of LoK. The time taken to create a very different style of animation, and present a mythical world warrants far more exploration than it has thus far received.

Professor Barker's Tekumel!

Not worlds, as such, because for me it's hard to distinguish the settings from the stories.

R.E Howard's, Conan
    Moorcocks, Eternal Champion Series, particularly Elric & Hawkmoon's worlds.
    Lieber's Lankhmar
    Tolkien's Middle Earth, of course.

For games, MRQII Elric, Faerun, I liked the Dragonlance setting from the books but never played in it, Ebberon and Golarion.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast