Thread: Map 24: The Hundred Celestial Cities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

The hardest thing for me was getting a feel for the different 'poses'. Once you wrap your mind around how they work, the book(s) really take off. They are quite sad, though. Sort of a Guy Gavriel Kay feeling to them.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The hardest thing for me was getting a feel for the different 'poses'. Once you wrap your mind around how they work, the book(s) really take off. They are quite sad, though. Sort of a Guy Gavriel Kay feeling to them.
    Yeah, that's what I'm struggling with too. At first I didn't even realize they're doing it with their hands, so I envisioned everyone making silly dance moves Haven't read anything by Kay though he's on my to-read list... I like sad books so it sounds promising

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Haven't read anything by Kay though he's on my to-read list... I like sad books so it sounds promising
    Step away from the computer and get thee to a book shop now! (Try Tigana if you want high fantasy, or Lions of Al-Rassan if you like (sorta) alt-history. Also have tissues on hand.) I've only read the first two Long Price books, and I find them a little slow (not necessarily a bad thing) but very immersive.

But where was I? Oh yeah, mapping....! This looks fantastic, Diamond, and it's great to see Abu's banners again. I really want to do mountains like those too. They're fab.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"