Thread: [WIP] A new Talisman style fantasy board game...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected CaptainJohnHawk's Avatar

I like this idea a lot. It has the feel of a more in-depth version of Munchkin (maybe taken more seriously than Munchkin).
    Interested to see where this goes!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJohnHawk View Post
    I like this idea a lot. It has the feel of a more in-depth version of Munchkin (maybe taken more seriously than Munchkin).
    Interested to see where this goes!
    Possibly, with the use of loot cards and leveling up. However, this game would put much greater emphasis on the board aspect. Quest cards will send you across the land while tile cards may turn a simple hills tile into a dangerous wizard's tower or introduce other perils and reward opportunities. Event cards may create hazards on certain tiles for a time, etc. The idea is to have players traverse the map while completing quests, finding companions, getting equipped and leveling up so they may face off with the blight dragon to win the game. I have 12 characters, each with a particular bonus trait, with simple backstories and starting stats. However, I'm thinking a character creation aspect that allows the player to name, assign stats, and choose a portrait for their character would be pretty cool.

I uploaded a new day map in the original post due to a saving mishap (ugh). I reversed one side of the character windows so it looks more symmetrical and I had to redo the rivers (still beveled! ) and hills. Here is the night version. Each player will take their turn during the day, followed by a night round, etc. Some quests, such as lighting the lighthouse, can only be completed at night.

Thanks for the posts, folks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conceptnight.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	70764
    Last edited by Nick B; 02-10-2015 at 08:48 PM.