Thread: The Southern Realms of Arlon (My first offering to the Guild)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The oasis-hamlet of Joppa, along the far rim of Moghra'yi, the Great Salt Desert.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This is a really nice map, especially for an early attempt. I really like the way you have used the ground texture to show the terrain type of different areas of the map and having done forests in a similar style for some of my own maps I can definitely appreciate how time-consuming that must have been. That compass rose is also very nice. Great work.
    Thank you! I particularly enjoyed the compass rose myself. I couldn't find much in the way of guidance for drawing them so I just took a stab at it and was happily surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
    Thank you! I particularly enjoyed the compass rose myself. I couldn't find much in the way of guidance for drawing them so I just took a stab at it and was happily surprised.
    Compass roses are a lot of fun to draw. They can add interest to the map as well as filling in some empty space, I have a whole lot of good compass rose images pinned on Pinterest for inspiration when I need it.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.