Thread: Climatic Generation tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you find any, please let us know!. Most of the tools that I have seen out there are overly simplistic in their results, overly complex to operate, or take impossibly long to operate. Of course, it's been a long time since I did a survey and things may have become much better in the last decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    If you find any, please let us know!. Most of the tools that I have seen out there are overly simplistic in their results, overly complex to operate, or take impossibly long to operate. Of course, it's been a long time since I did a survey and things may have become much better in the last decade or so.
    Found what seems to be a good one ...

What you think?

https://space.geometrian.com/calcs/climate-sim.php

but as also doesn't seem to take into consideration a series of factors like pressure zones, itcz, rainshadows and biomes are limited and I am not convinced by the winds ... but may be could be a good step from which to start ?
    Last edited by Naima; 11-08-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Found what seems to be a good one ...

What you think?

https://space.geometrian.com/calcs/climate-sim.php

but as also doesn't seem to take into consideration a series of factors like pressure zones, itcz, rainshadows and biomes are limited ... but may be could be a good step from which to start ?
    That's pretty cool, but judging by the Earth climate it generates there, you'd have to use it only as a jumping off point.