Thread: What's new not working well with new members messages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If I understand you correctly what you are saying is that when a new member posts and it's been held in moderation(?) and then is approved and posts for the general populace to see it doesn't show up as new because it's at least a few days old now?

I don't know how to fix that myself, just trying to clarify the problem but I can see how being buried by an avalanche of posts on your first foray into the Guild would be a bit of a bummer. Your solution sounds like a good plan but if I'm mistaken go ahead and clarify as it might help the person who can actually fix this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    If I understand you correctly what you are saying is that when a new member posts and it's been held in moderation(?) and then is approved and posts for the general populace to see it doesn't show up as new because it's at least a few days old now?

I don't know how to fix that myself, just trying to clarify the problem but I can see how being buried by an avalanche of posts on your first foray into the Guild would be a bit of a bummer. Your solution sounds like a good plan but if I'm mistaken go ahead and clarify as it might help the person who can actually fix this.
    Yes that's it.

Default More confusion for the newbies.

As an applicant I can not send messaged, nor can I make posts that are viewable. My reason for joining the guild was to discuss with others what may be best for me as far as software is concerned. But if I cant be seen or contact an individual who may have had good suggestions I seem to be stuck in limbo for a few days. I can see by your header to applicants that you have had spamming issues. but I feel as though it would be better for a newbie who has real interest to be able to fully interact. If you have spamming issues Drop the Ban Hammer but I beseech Thee do not punish the Green Horns