Thread: September 2021 Challenge: Stanheed Peninsula

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is just... beautiful. This may be a weird "like", but I love the way you've done your lettering, that subtle color palette and slightly smudged look.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    This is just... beautiful. This may be a weird "like", but I love the way you've done your lettering, that subtle color palette, and slightly smudged look.
    Hey Diamond! Thank you for your words! I don't enter the challenges too often here. So when I do, i make sure to exit from my comfort zone.

I'm used to sticking to saturated colors, black edges, and aggressive contrast in my maps. This is why I went with something different in the challenge. I think these challenges are the best way to experiment and having fun in the run!

And, yes. I think I will adopt this subtle palette herein after. I like that the first focus is on the map...and only after, looking closer, you can notice the locations and all the smaller things.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings