Ok, since I have a few minutes and when I do I like to mention how my votes were cast:

I looked at how many entries there were and I figured I would just pick 2 maps. We used to have a formula for how many votes you should cast but it was easier to just let everyone vote for whatever they wanted so today, I said to myself, "2".

Middle Earth by Carnifex - Gets my vote because I really like the near satellite detail he shows. The one area that I both hate and love is the rivers. That beveled type look....I don't know what to do about it because I like how it adds to the defined look of the land but for some reason it also bugs me that it's a bevel. Meh, I haven't figured out how to do it better myself so there it is. Gorgeous map.

Blood Song by ravells - Got my other vote because I'm so impressed by all the verbiage. I don't know if I have the patience to put that many names on a map. It's a different style than what is typically my favorite but I haven't see one of these in a while so I'm voting for it. It's a great example and looks very good.

The Elder Isles (Lyonesse trilogy) by Max - This is cool, it looks like it belongs in the front pages of a book. I love the extras on the margins (sword & helmet) and there are clearly a lot of pencil strokes to make this. I don't see anything wrong with this and wish I had one like it in my portfolio. Good job.

Beyond Redemption by Diamond - This looks so western to me. It's a bit dark around the edges but based on the title I see why. The borders are so well done they give me the willies (if that's what you were after you win) but they also sort of freaked me out as in I wouldn't want it on my wall. Good job.

The Halls of Undermountain by Tonnichiwa - This is absolutely beautiful and as I looked at it, it rang bells that I had seen it before. Djekspek is a famous member here. He created the CC tileset and Tonnichiwa did a perfect job of using it. Not a knock on what you created but unless the goal is to use them I don't usually vote for stuff not generated by the entrant. Still, this is a really nice map and if I wasn't around when Dj made these I would probably have voted for it.

Hogwarts by Chick - I really love the left side of the map. The side on view on the right is ok but might have been better without the smokey smudges used to add depth? It seems like they didn't quite pull off adding depth to the buildings and they weren't quite right for shadows. Still, I do like the Hogsmeade town part as it aided the eye to see that as separate from the Hogwart's area which I thought was a nice touch.

Sword of Shannara by Troedel - I love the extras put on this, that hand drawn cartouche is very cool. The map has a certain feel to it that depending on the story it was for might mean this map would win. By that I mean, if I wanted a map for a young adult fantasy story I think this one would be it. And now that I put it in words I realize you did exactly that. I venture to say if I had spent more time thinking about it this would have been near my top pick. It clearly has a hand drawn look and I do love that. I think maybe if the mountain color had a bit more gradual gradient from mountain to plains it might improve it. Perhaps with some hills between the mountains and the plains? It does kind of go from mountains to BANG plains. Still, this really is a great entry and sorry I didn't think more about the connection to the story. I often overlook that because when I don't know the story the map is made for I don't want to dink someone for that.

The Goblin Emperor by Xpian - This is looking amazing..just not finished from what I can tell.

Silo 18 by Larb - unfinished. I like the silhouette of the city in the background and I think this has potential.

Azanulbizar by Deadshade - This is trippy. It goes from kind of realistic to the opposite. Nice job on the mountains. I'm not sure what to think about this one. It's like a child's dream or something. Was there more you were planning to do with this? It's cool though even if not.

Numenor by Waldronate - starfish!

Dang, these things take a long time to fill out and I'm exhausted. As with any of these I do, I'm no professional critique and all I'm trying to do is share the convoluted ways I came to my decisions, pass along what I loved and didn't quite love about each piece in the hopes it will help you all improve. Art is always subjective so take of it what you will. I've tried to be honest about what I'm getting from these and I never mean to offend anyone because life is to short for that kind of strife.

Keep on mapping and have fun doing it!