Thread: [WIP] Yet to be named

Guild Apprentice

Default [WIP] Yet to be named

Hi All,

First time here!
    All I can say is that the past week or so that I've spent browsing has been incredibly helpful and inspiring. Well done to all!

Anyway, I've been following Arsheesh's Eriond (Kudos to Arsheesh) guide and have come up with the attached map, I do think I've made a mistake somewhere along the way as the bump map seems to be a little too prominent, but I'm going to have a play around over the coming days to see if I can amend this. (If anyone knows straight up where the problem lies, I'd love to hear it!)

I'm looking to use this map in the future for a novella, and depending on whether I enjoy writing as much as I think I will, I may expand the map further, so baring this in mind, I'm looking for critique and opinions on the map and any tips on what has helped you to develop your cartographic skills!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bump Map 1.03.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	4.12 MB 
ID:	100971

One thing to try in Wilbur is to use Filter>>Morphological>>Erode with a value of 1 to get rid of most of the odd little spikes.

Guild Apprentice

Hi waldronate,

Thanks for the tip, I'll give this a go as soon as I can.
    I've still got a lot to learn on Wilbur, thankfully this forum is thriving with tutorials and information