Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: November/December 2015 Challenge: Forlorn Tower

Default November/December 2015 Challenge: Forlorn Tower

J.Edward commissioned me to create an old or ancient ruined tower in a swamp.

I did actually make a start earlier this week but it was mostly sketching ideas on paper so I wasn't able to post them. But this is the initial sketch. I may alter things a little as I go but now it's just doing the proper linework, details and colours.

###Latest WIP###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Great idea, and this already looks amazing!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice. This already has so much character to it.
    It looks splendid Larb.
    I love those little blue lamps. What is the magic burning staff thingy?
    So much good stuff in there already. Really like how well you've 'broken' it with age.
    The stairway to nowhere is cool.
    This will be fun to watch come together.

Very cool start, Larb! I also love those gloomy lights and the hanging stairway .

Excellent start. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks everyone, been working on this. I will post the next update once I finish all the basic linework. I'm also considering adding another wing to the forebuilding. I'm still not entirely decided on the "story" - perhaps you can make a few suggestions, J.Edward!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    What is the magic burning staff thingy?
    That (a bonfire) won't actually be in it. Saw a recent trailer for a favourite thing of mine and idly drew it in. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Thanks everyone, been working on this. I will post the next update once I finish all the basic linework. I'm also considering adding another wing to the forebuilding. I'm still not entirely decided on the "story" - perhaps you can make a few suggestions, J.Edward!
    Oh my, well, I will have to give that a tad bit of thought. I'll try to come up with some ideas for tomorrow.
    Now I have to go get my update post ready.

Not sure what you want/need for back story so I'm just throwing out some random stuff here.
    The land is sinking. There were caverns once beneath the tower and the small river town west of here.
    The caverns had once been filled with gas that has over time leaked out. Or had blown out with catastrophic results for the small town, which fell into sink holes.
    The nearby river began to fill in these sink holes and then spread out into the now lowering land creating a swampy marshy area, cutting off the forlorn tower from the old river town area.
    The spirits of the dead townsfolk have returned but enthralled to the gruesome toad lorde [ ] who now inhabits the forlorn tower.
    The Toad Lorde moved out of his old underground cavern home to dominate the eastern villages with his new undead minions....

Then once you complete this, you and I can publish a free adventure map set on DTRPG - Denizens of the Frog Lorde!!! Hahaha
    [But seriously... we could do that. Hint.]

Blog Entries

Intriguing sketches... I like the idea of the secret little grate up near the water-line! I'm very interested to see what comes of this thread.
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

THis will look awesome, cant wait to see it develop
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast