Thread: Map 34 - The Eastern Reaches of Khaluk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I meant to mention last night, I love what your doing with this.
    I enjoyed going through the pics of your process for creating the terrain.
    Thanks, I have tried to textually describe this process a few times so this gave me an opportunity to get some pictures of the stages and now I can just refer people to this post in future. It has come up a lot in the past and I did quite of few of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Phillips View Post
    Nice - I think the topography matches a lot with what I was envisioning in my head for my area to the north of you. Let's collaborate on this one, eh, neighbor?
    Your welcome to steal the map or height map as a basis for your section if it helps you. But I cant go through the process of doing the contours again if I missed a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    We, the mighty brain-eaters, would like to inform you that we've employed brain-less dwarves to flatten the land that lies between us. That way, the carts with the yearly brain supply are easier for our skeleton horses to pull.
    I should also like to mention that the standard appareil of the Khalukians is a very tight fitting fully encompasing plate steel helmet with double buckled under chin strap. Most difficult to chew through ! Additionally, a declaration has been made this day that any dwarf seen on the western border will be subject to a short maths exam and those that dont pass shall be executed on the spot. Those living dwarves that skipped math class and dont add up good had better start doing extra home work.

I should look at my neighbours and see what the land form looks like. I just stuck in those mountains in those positions just to get the process running. I think the mountain ranges are a bit fat and need to be modified but its all script based so I can move them pretty easily. I may have to write some special brainless dwarf sub routines to my script if theres some unnatural terraforming going on !

Ok - so this is what it looks like around me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AroundMe2.png 
Views:	560 
Size:	427.6 KB 
ID:	82334  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 04-09-2016 at 08:47 PM.