Thread: [Award Winner] Eriond - A Tutorial for GIMP & Wilbur

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Nice work fabiocmg. I'm glad the tutorial was of use to you.

I'm really happy to here that. However, as of yet I've not made any videos so I was confused for a second. However a quick Google search shows that it turns out that, unknown to me, Will Erwin over on Youtube made an an interesting adaptation of this using a clever way to generate a height map. In case anyone is interested in checking that out here is the link to the video.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    (Will Erwin here)

I made that video tutorial after someone on DeviantArt asked how I made my astronomy-based maps several years back. Nice to see that it's steering people here to the original technique.

The Eriond technique continues to be at the core of my approach to regional mapping. Although I've done all sorts of variations on it (using modified real height maps, X-ray images, and astronomy images as my baseline height map), and though I've developed my own variations on Arsheesh's steps, the Eriond tutorial remains the best all-around cartography tutorial I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    (Will Erwin here)

I made that video tutorial after someone on DeviantArt asked how I made my astronomy-based maps several years back. Nice to see that it's steering people here to the original technique.

The Eriond technique continues to be at the core of my approach to regional mapping. Although I've done all sorts of variations on it (using modified real height maps, X-ray images, and astronomy images as my baseline height map), and though I've developed my own variations on Arsheesh's steps, the Eriond tutorial remains the best all-around cartography tutorial I've ever seen.
    Will, great to here from you again my friend! That is a very high compliment, thank you. I've really enjoyed watching over the years how you've taken the techniques in novel directions and carved out your own unique style. Palladium Games has really benefited from having work from an artist of your caliber.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh