Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Map 13 - Josiah's Land (Name TBA)

Looking great Josiah. Colors and lines look good and the land texture is very good. Look forward to seeing the end result.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great map! I love the last additions. The mini-maps are excellents and very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Looking great Josiah. Colors and lines look good and the land texture is very good. Look forward to seeing the end result.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map! I love the last additions. The mini-maps are excellents and very useful.
    Thanks Arsheesh and Ilanthar!

So I believe this is the final product (for the composite map).. maybe.. possibly. I can't think of anything else at this point. Anything to point out? I added a gorge thing in the north, to add a bit more personality to the Mangrath Plateau. What do you think of it?

(EDIT: Forgot latest wip)

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Josiah's Lands_Mask.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	8.42 MB 
ID:	82875

Comments or critique?
    Last edited by Josiah VE; 04-23-2016 at 03:56 PM.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looks really nice Josiah!

I like the gorge, though I don't particularly like the label for it, but then again it may not look right to the side of it. Perhaps if you spread out the gorge a little bit more, as it does look a little isolated, it would fit in a bit better!

The only other thing is that you've cropped off some of your labels that would normally overlap the edge, which you may want to put back. Otherwise, everything is little pretty darn good I think!

Attention J Edward! I've made a icon for my map, with the very ironic phrase on the scroll "United as One" because my lands are as far as you can get from united as one. They made the saying when the Gondevash Empire was first forming, okay. They thought they could conquer all the lands and keep them under control, they were very wrong.

(EDIT: Just noticed some of the shading went off the shield so I quickly fixed that)

Name:	Shield.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	83000

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Looks really nice Josiah!

I like the gorge, though I don't particularly like the label for it, but then again it may not look right to the side of it. Perhaps if you spread out the gorge a little bit more, as it does look a little isolated, it would fit in a bit better!

The only other thing is that you've cropped off some of your labels that would normally overlap the edge, which you may want to put back. Otherwise, everything is little pretty darn good I think!
    Thanks GLS! I see what you mean about the gorge, I'll see what I can do. I'll fix those labels!
    Last edited by Josiah VE; 04-25-2016 at 04:01 PM.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Attention J Edward! I've made a icon for my map, with the very ironic phrase on the scroll "United as One" because my lands are as far as you can get from united as one. They made the saying when the Gondevash Empire was first forming, okay. They thought they could conquer all the lands and keep them under control, they were very wrong.
    Got it. It'll appear on the next map update.

Here's a super quick map of a fortress in the Nation of Haschmal.

Not super great, and in fact pretty bad. I like how I did the fortress, but the terrain is awful, I just did it super quick.. But yeah, better than nothing, serves as a map.

Name:	Castle Camur copy.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	485.6 KB 
ID:	83072

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Here's a super quick map of a fortress in the Nation of Haschmal.

Not super great, and in fact pretty bad. I like how I did the fortress, but the terrain is awful, I just did it super quick.. But yeah, better than nothing, serves as a map.

Name:	Castle Camur copy.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	485.6 KB 
ID:	83072
    Oddly enough I like the terrain, though I don't think it's well suited to the style of the fortress. The terrain may have been done quickly, but it gives one a good sense of the surrounding in a "sketchy" sort of way. It's just that the two styles you have going on here don't compliment each other.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Oddly enough I like the terrain, though I don't think it's well suited to the style of the fortress. The terrain may have been done quickly, but it gives one a good sense of the surrounding in a "sketchy" sort of way. It's just that the two styles you have going on here don't compliment each other.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Yes, I see what you mean. Maybe I'll try something or just map another city. Thanks!

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Great job Josiah!! I really like how the plateau divides the territories. The forests and mountains are wonderful, and tons of information.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast