This is looking promising The test you made a few posts in has a real 1970s 'look and learn' book feel to it but not at all dated - illustrations that would be perfectly at home in books today. It makes me all nostalgic for those evenings where I'd read history books before going to sleep. I hated history in school but in more recent years I've become quite interested in it and wondered where it came from. I now realise that it's a rekindling of the enjoyment I got as a kid, before school spoilt it all for me. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article.

I tried Sketchup some time ago (I won't make any 'but I prefer Smustard' jokes, honest!) when I was renovating a house and wanted to plan the kitchen refit. I didn't quite get the hang of it though, I just managed to get a few cuboids floating in space with some random and weird shapes sticking out from them. Is it still free?

BTW looking at your location, I had a few cracking days in Covington in 2008. I was there when Obama won his first election and the bar I was in (Cock and Bull I think) erupted into rapture when he won the Ohio vote. I then wandered off and found a place with a live bluegrass band. Everyone seemed super friendly, event the vagrants called me sir! I did do some personal research (scientific you know) on the flavour of bourbons and I decided that Knob Creek was my favourite. It's on sale at my local supermarket now but it's a little out of my price range. It's the equivalent of $40 for a 70cl bottle, whereas I got a quart there for around $25 ish. Anyway I had a great time in your part of the world