Thread: Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Twitter was usable until elmo took over and changed everything. You used to be able to heavily curate your feed, avoid the rage bait stuff, and follow people/build an audiance. I did get people interested in commissions although I don't really do them.

But now it's all a mess. I see a lot less people with shared interests posting - pretty much all activity in mapping, ttrpg stuff, etc is down generally in my experience. Also the blue checks who paid for their megaphone get boosted for everything and it just results in spam/bs posts. I ended up just deleting all my artwork from the site.

It was always a platform with issues in the first place, but now it's on the tail end of complete en****tification with an idiot owner who got stuck buying it after one of his cocaine binges or whatever.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Twitter was usable until elmo took over and changed everything. You used to be able to heavily curate your feed, avoid the rage bait stuff, and follow people/build an audiance. I did get people interested in commissions although I don't really do them.

But now it's all a mess. I see a lot less people with shared interests posting - pretty much all activity in mapping, ttrpg stuff, etc is down generally in my experience. Also the blue checks who paid for their megaphone get boosted for everything and it just results in spam/bs posts. I ended up just deleting all my artwork from the site.

It was always a platform with issues in the first place, but now it's on the tail end of complete en****tification with an idiot owner who got stuck buying it after one of his cocaine binges or whatever.
    Ditto (and more signs to go over ten)

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post

Follower counts have been completely erratic too, it's a real mess. Then there's the blue check marks omg, they put every trending word in their posts so the timeline looks terrible from their spam.

It's not bad for commissions! But wouldn't recommend.