Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's been encouraging to get back to mapping, even with all of the drastic changes that are occuring in my life currently. I feel as though I have discerned a definitive style for myself with this piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
What do you use to draw your maps? I want to try it.

Is it a dip pen and inks? Watercolour? Fine liners? I've seen similar line thickness only once, someone was streaming some lettering project using a glass dip pen.
This one is fine liners; Copic, Prismacolor, & a small amount of Micron. Arteza Watercolors. I use varying degrees of line thickness depending on what I'm going for, but generally it is to define depth & shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
This is looking amazing Ian. Congratulations on the new career path as well, I hope you're enjoying it.
Thanks Will! I'm a painter, funny enough. The only difference is that it's new construction homes, which we're in about 3-4 at any given time. It's a lot of fun! It also lends well to my artistic endeavors.

I'm officially working at the city now, which is all that's left, so look forward to the release fairly soon.

Toodles!

IR