Quote Originally Posted by davoush View Post
Plate F is now one plate, being pulled toward E. E has a lot of submerged continental crust on that border, so there will probably be an island chain. Or, I could add a minor plate between E and F perhaps?

I am unsure about the boundary between F and H here (marked in purple). A 180 degree projection shows this more clearly.
I feel it was better as it was before.

I also have no idea about the northern edge of A & E - I don't really want a mountainous coast or a large island chain along here, so I don't know what H would be doing.
Oh, such a huge ocean subducting under a massive pangaea-type continent - it's hard not to think of a mountainous coast, like the Andes or Cascadia/Alaska. You may model that particular coast after the Pacific/Eurasia boundaries, which comprise a set of smaller plates between the massive continental crust and the subduction (see Okhotsk and Philippines plates). This would have to result from oblique directions of movement between A and H, and perhaps a change of direction for H in the past 50/100 Million years.

I also feel that the tectonic model here is very simple - I am lacking minor plates (Pixie's Maward and Charerg's Aduhr are inspirational). Any suggestions for where minor plates might fit nicely?
Like I said: (1) where you had them, between B and G, (2) north of A, (3) separate the oceanic crust south of E and E itself. My model is sh.t and am I reviewing it thoroughly, so I basically full of it, really, not inspirational. But thanks for listening anyway