Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Map 14 - Janantara Elubor [Ilanthar Land]

I made the mines and strongholds bigger. A bit lazy, but for now, I just used my old borders & stuff. I redid the roads. I know I have to rework the river labels (not so easy to read...).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janantara Elubor v2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	83604

Every time I look at this, it's excellent.

I have to double jshoer, everytime I think I'm looking at the final map and then is just gets better and better

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like this new version.

No solution for rivers labels right now, I've just done a few tests about a frame. Not sure about it, and even less about the title.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janantara Elubor v2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	83639

Hmm, yeah, the steampunk style doesn't really match with the lunar motif you have in the oceans or the sketch style of the dividers. I like the dividers the best, and you've already established that the moon is quite prominent in Janantara Elubor, so going from that - could you take other astronomical instruments and devices and use a similar sketch style to the dividers?

There are lots of things to incorporate: orreries, sextants, astrolabes, telescopes... (It might get steampunky again, but I think the reason I don't like it right now is the wood/gold materials and the generic gears. Keeping the same drawing style and using more in-theme devices would keep the whole thing more together in my opinion.)

Hmm, yeah. I kinda like the color of the wood with the rest. But I agree with you. What do you mean by "dividers"? The tool I used for the scale?

I don't have much to offer about the border, but honestly though the map is awesome to me it seems quite similar to the previous version, except maybe with a different parchment background beneath it. When I compare them side by I can see the differences, but still quite similar. That's not at all a bad thing it's just that I can't decide which one's better!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking beautiful Ilanthar, love the subdued color scheme and the graphic of the rhumb lines. Better get back to drawing those river in my own - outlined only - country
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Hmm, yeah. I kinda like the color of the wood with the rest. But I agree with you. What do you mean by "dividers"? The tool I used for the scale?
    Yes, that's what I meant. Dividers, compass, whatever!

Thanks guys!

By Josiah VE
    but honestly though the map is awesome to me it seems quite similar to the previous version, except maybe with a different parchment background beneath it
    Arrggh!! I hoped it would add something different, after all the time I wasted doing the contour lines ... But well, it's done now

OK, I'm a bit tired of it but still, I'll try something more simple to finish it anyway (frame and stuff).

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast