Thread: Jan/Feb '23 Lite Challenge: Mistruun's Gondola > (Non- Entry)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Based on the set-up, I would think that the characters do t really have a chance to act until the gondola has fallen into the forest, so maybe a map of the "crash" site would be best. There is a lot you could do with that. Is the forest so dense that little clearings are far and few between? How badly is the gondola damaged? Does it provide any protection from aggressive/hostile beasties? What kind of equipment might be available or made from the wreckage of the gondola?

Just some food for thought and, perhaps, a bit of inspiration. And dig that set-up.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Based on the set-up, I would think that the characters do t really have a chance to act until the gondola has fallen into the forest, so maybe a map of the "crash" site would be best. There is a lot you could do with that. Is the forest so dense that little clearings are far and few between? How badly is the gondola damaged? Does it provide any protection from aggressive/hostile beasties? What kind of equipment might be available or made from the wreckage of the gondola?

Just some food for thought and, perhaps, a bit of inspiration. And dig that set-up.
    Thanx! I wanted to make a start that was different and rich in possibility.

I appreciate the food for thought, it definitely gave me some ideas to how I can go about this.

A few things I'm thinking about:
    Does the Gondola get split in two over a rock falling down leaving player characters in one clearing having to scrounge up defenses for the coming night.
    Or it can that the whole cart end up in one place and the players need to talk with the veteran NPCs in what need to survive, giving immediate tasks.

I was intrigued by your statement "Is the forest so dense that little clearings are far and few between?"
    What were you pondering with that one?
    Last edited by XCali; 01-24-2023 at 10:34 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19