Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing Findings...

Blog Entries

Hey Seyon, How ya doing ? The idea of a finished maps gallery is a good idea and we should have probably done that in the past. We ought to sticky it at the top of the finished maps section and try not to post comments about stuff in there. In fact we ought to have a comment box in there about not wholesale posting the list about too and crediting the authors. And authors should edit a line in their map post stating what kind of reuse terms they would like on these images too. That would solve a lot of issues and bad feelings on both sides.
    You can post 5 images in the same post but its probably best to do one each or at least group them by the same author.

And that was pretty big of you to come back and apologize. Good man.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Certainly no hard feelings, and good to see you over here.

Welcome to the Guild! If you want help learning how to make your own maps, I'm all yours. Tell us what software you have and we can take it from there.

It's much more fun using your own imagination to draw your own maps.

But don't ever rip off our maps again.

Yours in the spirit of friendship,

Ravs

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

S'All good...no real harm done.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Not only are your apologies accepted, If you really make that thread with all the maps, you should get a small reward.
    I posted the suggestion mostly as a joke, but I really would like that gallery.

Blog Entries

Steel and I are wondering if it might be better to get the scripting tool to generate all the thumbnails for the final maps. If thats something we all think would be better then he needs only gather the thread number, name and title of the map and block them all up and ill get a script to generate them all on a page. I am worried that the additional posting is using up more forum bandwidth and HDD space than is really necessary. If we can get a straw poll here before it gets too far in then we can do that instead.

Sayon / Ings - Check out any of the more recent challenges in that topic. In our current challenge topic there is a sticky thread with the current thumbnails. Do you think that would be a better interface to all these maps ? I think it might be.

Edit -- As in... http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/Ch...gers_Feb09.htm
    Last edited by Redrobes; 02-25-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'm certainly all for that. All the attachments are here already, it would be best not to post them all twice.

Better a gallery like the thumbs than a thread. Do the scripty thing!

Blog Entries

I have had a thought. Since the finished map topic is all about posting one complete map per thread I could use my indexing script to gather up all the thread IDs in that topic and then make the list up automatically too. So I think with a bit of elbow grease I can do a finished map index like the member intro index and the CWBP index etc - if your not aware of these then theyre all in my sig.

So I could get a version of this script to write the input to the thumbs generator script. May need some final CL clean up to add the odd WIP tag where people have posted more stuff in the thread after the final map but thats no biggie and it should be pretty obvious where that's required.

Post Glad you made it!

Glad you made it here, Seyon!

Do Ingvar a favor and start your own account so we can officially welcome you. No hard feelings.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast