Thread: Designing detailed Astronomy?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Talroth: yeah - the stars would be brighter and dimmer, thanks for pointing that out. Thanks for offereing to help out. At the moment, it's nothing more than ideas and note making, structuring creation etc. I might do some illustrations in time with a night sky, but I will also be tempted to work out the night sky per season.

Greason Wolfe: Cool program- Thanks! I had a play about with it. Need to explore more, but that could be just what Im looking for now.

Ascension: That sounds good. I'll have to look into that. The stars representing something else is something I did think off too. I did have a Night Sky program, you could look back and forward in time and see the stars in a similar way

My story is a fantasy epic. Just liked the idea on something going on in our unvierse on another planet in our galaxy, right now. Its more for a world building note to self than appearing in the story. The stars might crop up in the story as wizards or characters naviagte and I'll give them mythical names etc.

I thought it might be cool to work out what those constellations would look like and see if I can create new ones for my characters based on their persective. Might also inspire mythical creatures for my story's history.

I guess as Im creating a fictional planet, putting it in a known part of space might conflict with any suspension of reality...so it might be a flawed idea. - and probably too much detail, but I'm a sucker for it, even if it's all just for my own reference.

thanks for the help!
    Last edited by jezelf; 12-11-2008 at 08:22 AM.