Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Black Sails Bay

That is without question the most magnificent drawing of a glacier I've seen in a very long time!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That is without question the most magnificent drawing of a glacier I've seen in a very long time!
    Thanks Mouse !
    It's more easy for a Swiss to draw glacier than to draw the sea...

LOL! That doesn't mean I'm any good at drawing waves, even though I can see them from my bedroom window!

Are you going to put this one up in Finished Maps, or shall I just rep it here where it stands?

LOL! That doesn't mean I'm any good at drawing waves, even though I can see them from my bedroom window!

Are you going to put this one up in Finished Maps, or shall I just rep it here where it stands?
    You can wait a bit longer... I'll put this map in Finished Maps, but I'm still wondering about some little changes :
    For example : I find the map unbalanced : all the pannels are on the rightt of the map... I could try to switch the title to the left, but then it would partially cover the glacier, or some land that I find iteresting.. and under the title, there's only the sea...
    I still wonder if I should add some labels (mountains ? sea ? little islands ?)
    And I'm not completely happy with the way I wrote the story of the region...
    Actually, when I stumble on my map, I'm not very proud of it...

Oh Jo! Its a beautiful map, and you shouldn't ever feel that its not!

I don't think its as unbalanced as you think it is. Maybe if you darkened the paper panels more like aged parchment, and brought them closer to the tone of the rest of the map they wouldn't stand out on their own so much?

Just an idea - not a rule or anything.

I can't really comment on the story because I can't read it, but you might consider looking at the formatting a bit - a space between the paragraphs, or an indented first line on each one. Maybe also a very slightly more artistic font?

Entirely up to you...

Maybe the Title information could be combined with the story box into just one box.
    I find the large land labels (Dounce Pente, etc) a little large and a little too spaced out for lower case letters.

Oh Jo! Its a beautiful map, and you shouldn't ever feel that its not!

I don't think its as unbalanced as you think it is. Maybe if you darkened the paper panels more like aged parchment, and brought them closer to the tone of the rest of the map they wouldn't stand out on their own so much?

Just an idea - not a rule or anything.

I can't really comment on the story because I can't read it, but you might consider looking at the formatting a bit - a space between the paragraphs, or an indented first line on each one. Maybe also a very slightly more artistic font?

Entirely up to you...
    Thanks Mouse ! Again : very good advices !!!! I haven't change a word, but now it botter me a lot less !
    You sure are a good adviser !

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Maybe the Title information could be combined with the story box into just one box.
    I find the large land labels (Dounce Pente, etc) a little large and a little too spaced out for lower case letters.
    Thanks Snodsy ! Good advices too, I think !
    It took the courage of covering a part of the map I worked on, but the idea of only one box was sure a good one ! And I reduced the names of the thress main islands, it looks better, I think too !

So a very big THANK YOU for all of you who helped me getting out of some mud holes I found myself in during the drawing of this map ! The guild is sure full of good advisers !!!!
    And you helped too when I found it was a terrible map... Now, I think it's just some part of it which looks terrible... but I'm learning, thanks to you, and that's the main goal, here !

Unless you found some little mistakes I can easily correct, I think I might consider this one done... and attack the next one : Guild World, here I come !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La baie des Voiles Noires 14.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	6.69 MB 
ID:	96649

Very beautiful map. I love the glacier in the mountains. Amazing.

Its perfect, Jo

Now will you please stop hating it? Even just a bit of it?

Looking forward to seeing your Guild World map

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Nice map! I like how you tackled your cliffs, the ones close to clan de Redblood stand out in particular. The more the camera angle moves up, the harder cliffs become, so good job.

Can I ask a question? The towns and cities are they just icons or are they physical representations on the map? If the latter, I would suggest using a random cloud or speckled brush on a dark color with very low opacity to give the immediately land around the towns and city a blending in effect. If you don't know what I mean, be sure to ask

Good luck.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast