Thread: Gimp Map#2

Map Gimp Map#2

I tried again with gimp and i made this...

I made some edits and came up with a new one unfortunately i cant fix all the white pixels(because i merged the layers) but i tried to fix the rivers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VernaMap.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	708.2 KB 
ID:	103138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDIT*VernaMap.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	680.9 KB 
ID:	103149  
    Last edited by Theseus; 01-08-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Looks like a good start! I like the buildings. A few things I'd try:
    -There are some white pixels in places that could get cleaned up. You can probably get them by 1) finding the layer they're on, 2) selecting by color, 3) using CTRL plus the Lasso tool to select just the white space in given area (like the building roofs, for example), and then SHIFT + filling them with the color you want (dark brown for the roofs).
    -The dark outline for the land - if this is a separate layer, one thing you can try is making a copy of it and hitting it with a gaussian blur (pretty high - like 10-15 pixels) to give it kind of an inner glow.
    -Check out this tutorial on rivers https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ead.php?t=3822. They can be tricky to get right. In your example, you have a split before it hits the ocean. It would probably make more sense to have the river flow down from the mountains into the lake and then out to the sea, and have a separate river flowing down the other side of the mountain range into the sea.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Lilian Oake's Avatar

I cannot for the life of me figure out GIMP lol I'm a writer...I am blind in the arts of the eyes, though I LOVE seeing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
    I tried again with gimp and i made this...

I made some edits and came up with a new one unfortunately i cant fix all the white pixels(because i merged the layers) but i tried to fix the rivers.
    LF Oake
    Creator of Jaydür--the reason I need you fantabulous cartographers!

Bounty of the Everdark
    An Ogre's Tale
    Nahtaia: A Jaydürian Adventure