Thread: km 0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I really love your work ! I don’t know how you achieve such masterpieces, it blows my mind ! I understand it’s a way to meditate for you and it’s just the same for me, when I look at your maps and get lost !
    Thanks for sharing !

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I really love your work ! I don’t know how you achieve such masterpieces, it blows my mind ! I understand it’s a way to meditate for you and it’s just the same for me, when I look at your maps and get lost !
    Thanks for sharing !
    Hey - JO - Thank you for appreciating my work. How do I achieve my maps... don't know, drawing techniques : first draft, rough draft , definitive drawing At the beginning there is generally a dream I had as this is the case for this one. In my dream, I was flying above this city, bird eye overview, the citadel was here, the highways there, the sea...

By meditation, I think I principally mean "(deep) reflexion", "thought about". In this sense, this map is a sort of discurse about blank spaces in modern cartography I would absolutely not be able to express with words.

But it seems it is also some kind of yantra (support for yoga meditation) : a friend of mine who is used to yoga techniques told me the void in the middle of the sheet causes here anxiety and I thought "perfect, her gaze is vacuumed by the blank space and she feels prevented to appreciate all the details around, so this can actually works as a meditation device."

Of course, there is some sort of visual evidence as the blank space (which has the shape of a zero) is just the center of the radio-concentric city where all the lines converge.
    Last edited by Kishkindha; 11-23-2023 at 04:34 PM.