Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
If it had included subterranean worlds, I would have jumped in. But it was more an afterworld vibe. So it severely limited the scope. And doing the opposite would have the same effect.
For instance, with a subterranean possibility for an underworld, I could have mapped Catacombs, underground cavern or the like. It still has spooky vibes, BUT it is broader in what we can map, than just having an AFTERworld.
It is always okay to ask in the challenge prompt thread, if you have an idea and are wondering if that would meet the challenge criteria. In all my years on the Guild, I don't ever recall seeing somebody's entry discarded because it failed to match the original theme flawlessly. I would have been more than happy to accept a catacomb or cavern map had you wanted to create one!

The reason why I write the prompts in the way I do is not to limit anyone's creativity, but because that's the kind of writing I personally tend to find inspiring. Of course it goes without saying that myself, and everyone else who runs these challenges, have no choice but to use our own best judgement in what is a cool idea and what isn't. I came up with what I thought was a really interesting idea, and I'm sorry if I failed at that.