Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Making Photo-realistic Trees in GIMP: A Mini-Tut

Hi Elliot. OK, after looking at your .xcf file I've located the problem. On your "Forest" and "Forest Copy" layers you have already isolated the clouds into forest shapes. I'm not sure if you did this intentionally or if perhaps you forgot to turn of your initial Forest Outline Selection prior to generating your clouds. Either way, what this means is that when you latter followed the steps in the Refining The Forest Outline section, your Blurred frame (set to Multiply) now reveals the layer below, which includes the white background area bordering the forest outline on your "Forest Copy" layer.

The good news is that this is an easy fix. Delete your current "Forest" and "Forest Copy" layers and redo the steps under the Generating Forest Clouds section to generate them again (beneath your "Forest Frame" layer of Course). Make sure you have any selections turned off when you do this. That should do it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

This is fantastic. Love this tutorial! The colors are very nice, and it's for gimp!

Hello Arsheesh i got some questions. Can i ask for help with this tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamuskk View Post
    Hello Arsheesh i got some questions. Can i ask for help with this tutorial?
    Sure thing Adamuskk, ask away. But just an FYI, I'll be travelling the next few days and probably won't be able to answer till later in the week.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thx I will wait for U then.
    Best regards

Hello Arsheesh. I wanna translate your tutorial for Polish language and introduce it to my friends. We are trying to improve our maps. I will be happy if you agree for that. Here in Poland we got own forum just for our game. You can visit it and see what we are trying to change. You will be very welcome there as well all of you guys. The link is follows:

Jak w Gimie mapy robi?.

Hello Arsheesh. I wanna translate your tutorial for Polish language and introduce it to my friends. We are trying to improve our maps. I will be happy if you agree for that. Here in Poland we got own forum just for our game. You can visit it and see what we are trying to change. You will be very welcome there as well all of you guys. The link is follows:

Jak w Gimie mapy robi?.

Hi Adam, I would be honored if you'd like to make the translation . I don't speak Polish myself but I look forward to visiting your forum. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Hi Adam, I would be honored if you'd like to make the translation . I don't speak Polish myself but I look forward to visiting your forum. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you for that. I always asking to get agreement. And sometimes I will ask you for help as well.I will send you a full copy of my translation. It takes me a while couse i start to do it right now. So be patient

Sure thing Adam. Will do.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast