Thread: Seems Odd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

It depends on the license of the piece. Some of the pieces on there are commercial copyrighted works. All three of mine (that I've found) are CC licensed, so it's less of an issue. However if one of the maps I've done for publication turned up there, then I could get in trouble with the company - which is not really what I'm after.

Their direct contact seems to be down so I've posted directly to their forums with a complaint. I'll let you know how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    if one of the maps I've done for publication turned up there, then I could get in trouble with the company - which is not really what I'm after..
    Maybe I misunderstand you but how could YOU get in trouble with the company you did work for if that art ended up pirated on a website? Unless you mean the company never put it online in any shape or form...I guess I could see that because then it "might" have been you who posted it?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt