Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, who is doing NaNoWriMo?

I am taking part in NaNoWriMo. I took part last year but I only managed about 15,000 words before I gave up on the story. I'm hoping to finish this time around though I think perhaps I might need to make a START on it in order to do that.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just red that Brandon Sanderson is doing it too - he just have to finish a novella first and he is on tour this month ... *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Well it's on. I'm official now and I have my first words down. I have no idea if I can do this but I'm just going to kick up as much dirt as I can and have fun with it. If anyone cares: Jaxilon's NaNoWriMo attempt
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

of course we care - that way we can say "yeah, knew him before he got famous" *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

ROFL
    Not likely especially since I don't have much desire to be famous. I'm still trying to figure out how to be a Ghost writer / Mapper.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Blog Entries

yep, I usually say "I'd like to be rich and not famous ... so I'm halfway there, I'm allready not famous"
    regs tilt

I am full of win!

Now I am wondering if it would be possible to get a NaMoWriMo going - National Module Writing Month. Any system, any setting, just get a usable, playable module ready for playtesting by the end of the month.

LOL, I was full of fail. I got off to a good start but then had a few days that were all booked up with work and other crap I had to deal with and I just never recovered. I figured I would be able to catch up but then that wall of words I needed to overcome just kept looming bigger and bigger until I was afraid to go into the room with it. I did have fun on the part I started and I will probably keep working on it. Why do I always think things are going to be better/easier/slower and they just keep coming at me full tilt? Seems like when I do finally get a day off I'm stunned and walk about thinking there must be something I've forgotten to do. Oh well, it did get me started and maybe I can try again next time.

Well, it took me till my second try to succeed. And I still need to actually get the book written to the end of the story. Third time maybe is the charm, though, because I've got a complete story. Next year, maybe I can have it done in time to be polishing it at the end of the month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12