Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CC3 Documentation

Quote Originally Posted by Vatras View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but how and where do I download this manual? I cannot find anything on my profile page which would link me to it.
    It's on the registration page, where you can see of your registered keys. Down the right hand side, there's a load of links (updates, etc.). One of these links is the full Cartography Suite manual.
    The Tome of Ultimate mapping is a separate product.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Where is this registration page?

Guild Apprentice

Under the Service>Registration menu on the Profantasy site.
    http://www.profantasy.com/service/entrance.asp

Guild Apprentice

I wouldn't think so. Besides it's not really expensive imo, so go and buy it

Posts removed which dealt with Piracy/Illegitimate copies of software.

Again, the guild does not condone discussions of Illegal software, especially when makers of some of that software are members of the guild.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Definately sheet effects, I'm a PS user normally and though the effects have similar names they behave very differently.

Plus I'm using Fractal Terrains too (the original) but finding information on the editing of FT export files is nearlt impossible.
    From the creator of Arnalath

The FT export files are for CC2 and not for CC3. You need to convert them from being layer-based (every entity has a "layer" description without particular relation to draw order) to sheet-based (a sheet is a collection of entities that has a specific meaning in terms of draw order). http://forum.profantasy.com/comments...cussionID=1136 has a discussion on the process.

Just posted it in a seperate thread, but i'm having a good deal of difficultly figuring out how to import a fractal Terrain map, a step by step guide on that in the manual would be money

Hi all

recent entrant to the forum and indeed mapping at all - I was just wondering how it all turned out for you "new" users of CC3 - I'm trying to learn Gimp and considering Autorealm (whose manual makes it all sound so easy). Looking at the maps which have been produced so far however, I have to hand it to CC3 for making possibly the most attractive and eye catching maps. Did the tutorials you read and then possibly DLed in video form ever help the program come together.

Saying this with a view to splashing out that £30 next week for CC3...trying to garner opinions beofre I do so.

There are two things that so far aren't clear to me which haven't been mentioned:

1) The scale of the map, specifically the dimensions entered when a new map is created. I get the feeling that they are in some "real life" measurement, such as miles, or feet, but it doesn't appear in the software, the help file, or the manual (though I might've missed the manual. Apologies if so).

2) Going back and doing changes. For example, changing the map's background color. I eventually figured out how to do it, but selecting the background layer wasn't trivial (I ended up typing 'background' on the command prompt).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast