Thread: The Cup Of Kings (Magical Item)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info The Cup Of Kings (Magical Item)

The Cup of Kings

The Cup of Kings is an ancient magical device given to the first king of this region. Who gave it to that king is unknown. The cup has been handed down through the generations. It is considered a treasure in the land.

The cup's full powers are unknown but what is known is this:
    1.The cup acts as some kind of mental "enhancement" This enhancement takes the form of an increased clarity of thought and focus.
    2. It is a ranged device. Meaning that the king must be in proximity of the cup to receive it's benefits.

There are several rumors about the cup that may or may not be true.
    1. The king would be essentially "brain dead" without the cups effects
    2. The cup has actually taken over the king and is effectively the ruler of the kingdom
    3. the cup is an ancient incarnation of the kings ancestors.

The cup is usually found in the throne room of the castle or in the king's private office. Until recently it was guarded at all times. The king has given orders for it to be displayed in the great hall of the castle so that it may be seen by the people. This is perplexing and worrying to those close to the king. As is his change in behavior of late.

*Edit* after reading IGs post I like his idea for the "protector" role for this item rather than the "focusing" power. it's more "organic" and less contrived IMO.
    Last edited by jtougas; 03-23-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.