• D&D 4e and Pathfinder

6 46.15%
  • Generic, non-specific

4 30.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game system

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    That being said, I am in love with the idea of having a generic description of an encounter in the general text, and then "Appendix A: 4e Statistics" and "Appendix B: Pathfinder Statistics." Stating in the general text how many of what creature would be a mistake, imo, just because 5 orcs in Pathfinder is a vastly different encounter than 5 orcs in 4e. But, "a band of axe-wielding orcs with at least one archer" would be perfectly acceptable. Again, my opinion.,
    IG, that is EXACTLY what I was talking about, but I realize that I might not have escribed it properly. I also agree with your way of describing the encounter. I was trying to infer that only the NPCs, and not the monsters (which could be looked up in what ever manuals are required for each system) and any NEW monsters that we add to the mix. The Supplement that I refered to has stats in GURPS (I think),AD&D, Runequest, Chivalry and Sorcery and quite a few others I believe.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Personally I currently only play 3.5. I voted for both Pathfinder and 4e because pathfinder is basically 3.5 (with a whole lot of changes) and 4e because it is popular. I know it won't be easy but I see no reason why we couldn't do both. I also see no reason why we can't have in it as well a page (or however many pages it takes) a generic list of what happens for those who might want to run the adventure but don't play the system(s) we set it up for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12