Thread: WiP: USS Singularity, NCC-74855

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

According to the deckplans I'm working from those are eight 'bunkrooms' with two three-tier bunks. You're right that they could easily be turned into two single-, double-, or triple-person rooms and I'm not quite sure why the designer didn't do that. In TNG and beyond we don't much get to see how enlisted crewmen live; in fact, we rarely see them at all beyond the occasional reference to somebody by the rank of "crewman". In TOS we see them more often but, even then, we never get to see if they live in small staterooms or shared rooms or barracks or what. You'd think that at least petty officers would get their own rooms, however.

If I was designing this from scratch I'd probably include several tiers of room: luxury (captain, XO, VIPs), senior officer, junior officer/senior enlisted, cadet/mid-enlisted (maybe two-person rooms), and junior enlisted (maybe bunkrooms). The Nova-class *is* supposed to be a short-range ship, however, so maybe the inconvenience is okay for short periods. There's not even all that much to do outside of the room...just a gym and lounge (though I've added two holodecks). I'd definitely want that arrangement on a Galaxy-class or something where there is scads of room.
    M

Edit: Deck 1 senior officers' conference room. Working on the captain's ready room but I'm being indecisive about the design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conf.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	38882  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-01-2011 at 09:48 AM.