Thread: A sneak peak at my current project! Yeehaw, cowboy.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's such a shame without the overhangs.....not sure if you can do this in sketchup, but can you make them and group them. Set the texture to transparent when you do the plan view and bring the texture back when you do the perspective view?

Shame that y'aint havin' the hangin' tree, but I do like the shadow the gallows are casting...really dramatic!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It's such a shame without the overhangs.....not sure if you can do this in sketchup, but can you make them and group them. Set the texture to transparent when you do the plan view and bring the texture back when you do the perspective view?

Shame that y'aint havin' the hangin' tree, but I do like the shadow the gallows are casting...really dramatic!
    I really am not sure what to do! I can render the overhand separately and turn the transparency down, or I could have them on a separate layer... for the print version, there could be just a separate piece that you place onto or remove from the map, based on what floor your character is on... but that seems like an unnecessary hassle. I'm looking around for examples of how others have dealt with overlapping levels with open sides, but I can't really find any.