Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

NeonKnight is it possible to get a temperature map for both summer and winter for the region. Rainfall is not important. I would like to see how far the ice pack shifts downwards from the artic region for both summer and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne View Post
    NeonKnight is it possible to get a temperature map for both summer and winter for the region. Rainfall is not important. I would like to see how far the ice pack shifts downwards from the artic region for both summer and winter.
    Unfortunately, no, FT gives a median temperature only. Realistic (or even semi realistic weather/seasonal patterns) are beyond the scope of the program.

Also, for me, I have NO clue about the Farenhidt scale as I use Celcius, which is odd because I do all other measuremnts (except voulme) in Imperial (feet, Miles, Pounds)
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

If only the 4 seasonal temperature values that FT computes to generate the average could be exposed to the outside world somehow...

The climate computations were not really intended to be part of the original FT design but were something that I threw together on the fly. Providing visualization of seasons would lead directly to users wanting to edit temperature/rainfall for each season, requiring either separate sizes for those editing maps or allowing extreme amounts of memory usage (which FT doesn't handle so well).

I have been considering providing a "season" slider to the derived items (temperature/rainfall) to see the values for a particular season, but providing seasonal editing probably isn't in the cards in the near term.

Blog Entries

Just putting together the completed map so far for my reference. I will try to keep this up to date as and when I have the time. It links to full size image. PM me if you think something is amiss or you have updated it.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. Redrobes, you're a wizard!! That looks great. I think you just invented our splash screen/logo/distinguishing mark. You just need to add the title "The Guildworld Project" to it somewhere and it will look like the cover of a book.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Agreed. repped for the cool idea.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I have a major deadline at my job, so I be a wee bit slow in producing the two maps. Alucard, just PM with ideas or questions.

Since the initial surge when the plots got snapped up really quickly, there has been a slowdown in the land grab. Work seems to be going on very nicely on the areas that have been claimed but there are still a few unclaimed areas. Regions 4, 10, 25, 26, 27 and 30 are still up for grabs.

Some people may want to get involved but feel its too late and they have missed the boat. Let me assure you its not. Its never too late to get into the project and there are no entrance requirements except being able to work in a team environment and have a willingness to improve your mapping skills. So if you're new it doesn't matter. There is help and advice available and its always given in the right spirit.

That having been said there are a few industry pros, community leaders, challenge winners and mapping wizards whose names are notably absent. No pressure at all RobA, Pyrandon, Arcana, HandsomeRob, Anna, Publius and many more .

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast