Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Blog Entries

Heh heh, I have just measured it. It's a good 9.5 miles across that speck there ! Thats plenty enough for a little hidey hole island

Quote Originally Posted by Baziron View Post
    AWESOME Idea! I like the way you think; I would not have been able to come up with that myself. We should need to consider that for the creative writing, it should have little effect on ... arg, I forgot who did that region ... his/her map. Come to think of it, when it was drawn, it was certainly correct, but afterwards, noone went to look.

@Map: Yeah, I took care of the island chain. The open water regions in my square are under my care as well, but I think they'll just be simple open water.
    I think it's definitely something worth considering. I don't remember who's got that area either, but I guess it's ultimately up to him. I just thought it'd be a neat twist.

-IG

Post OK, add 10 and 27 to my 9

Since my April challenge is just about wrapped up, I've got some time to work on my map area for this project. I might try hand-drawing with subtle coloring onto an old parchment surface.

Since Brinsmerd is the harsh land of the steppe, home to nomadic mounted tribes like the Mongols, my area 9 will be the end of the steppe, site of a great trade center controlled by the Horde, but allowed autonomy for the sake of properity. Think Samarkand in Uzbekestan, a melting pot of the East and Near East, home to dozens of religions (religious freedom), a center for science, engineering, architecture, arts, history, arcane studies.

But area 9 is the urban sector of the Horde, sections 10 and 27, even that half sector west of 27 with the lake, could serve as a "Lake Bailkal", ancient home, burial site of the Khans. Except for traversing roads and a few small towns and roadstops, there's mostly nothing except the a sea grass.

If nobody takes 10 and 27, add it to mine, otherwise, those who do, that's my cultural plan in developing this area of the map.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

GP, if you want 10 and 27 they are yours. Thanks for putting your hand up (again). I love your concept already. Cant wait to see it being built.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Can someone explain the title nomenclature to the map WIPs please because I don't understand it. I mean the [Region x] [Map y].

I had thought that we were in Region 1 and we used our map numbers following the squares that Torq had carved out and which we chose, but I'm seeing Regions of all sorts of different numbers.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just fixed it for all of them...I believe it is supposed to be Region 1...I think now would be a good time for our newest community leader to post a "posting guidelines" sticky for this forum.

[Region #][Map #]
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Subtle Hint received. Action will be taken.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Subtle hint??? Nah, more like playful ribbing. You haven't been properly initiated yet.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I've seen a few mockups patching the maps together and noticed mine is a little off-scale. Once I work out the exact coastline I'll produce full images for each portion to keep them square, but for now it is just a bunch of empty space on my map. Here is how they should line up, still a bit off, but that just means I need to refine the coast more.

Hopefully it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18borders.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	3134  

I wish I could change my coast Venardhi, mine is used for nearly all of my layers (i have a lotof layers) and not just on top.
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast